Operating System - HP-UX
1753789 Members
7409 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New versions of sendmail?

Tim Sikora

New versions of sendmail?

Could someone tell me where I can get the latest versions of sendmail for 10.20 and 9.05? I mainly need the ability to block relaying. Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Gail Graybeal

You can obtain this software from software.hp.com. Here is the URL.
Hope this helps.

http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProducts.pl
Tim Sikora

That url gave me "invalid group type"... I looked on the hp site before but didn't see "sendmail" itself... just various patches. Do you have a better url maybe? :)
Andreas Voss
Honored Contributor

Berlene Herren
Honored Contributor

Tim the latest version of Sendmail for 10.20 is 8.9.3, obtained by applying patch PHNE_18979

The response for 9.x is correct, but you need to be running at 5.56 in order to scale to version 8.8.6. Apply the patch for 9.05 to upgrade 5.56 first. That is PHNE_10116.
Berlene
http://www.mindspring.com/~bkherren/dobes/index.htm
Ralf Hildebrandt
Valued Contributor

YOu might also want to consider replacing sendmail by Postfix (www.postfix.org). It's 10x faster and -- while being plug-in compatible -- much more secure than sendmail.
Postfix/BIND/Security/IDS/Scanner, you name it...
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

If you are stuck at 8.8.6, you can configure sendmail with the check_* rulesets. Takes more work it does work. If you are able to apply the patch and go to 8.9.3, I believe the anti-relay is built in and you would only need to input values for those addresses you want to relay - everything else would be returned via the ruleset.

If you have a support contract, getting the patch should be no problem. If no contract, try the www.sendmail.org site. I believe that links would be present to get you where you need to go.