Operating System - HP-UX
1753967 Members
7443 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Repointing of client to new mail relay not working??

SOLVED
Go to solution
KPS
Super Advisor

Repointing of client to new mail relay not working??

Hi,

I have 2 servers that I'm running as clients that were sending mail to a Mail Relay. I've attempted to change this Relay to a different location by specifying it in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf on these clients.

I've also made an edit on the Mail Relay Server running sendmail to allow these clients to send mail to it in sendmail.cw

Mail does not seem to be working still. Would anyone happen to know where else I might want to check in my configs for problems???

Thanks,
-KPS
5 REPLIES 5
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

I hope you restarted sendmail..
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
KPS
Super Advisor

If you're asking if I restarted sendmail on the Mail Relay server, the answer is yes.

On my clients, the sendmail daemon is not running.
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor
Solution

if you can, revert the changes and send a small mail to yourself as:

echo Test |sendmail -v me@mydomain.com

then change the smart relay and do the same thing again. If you see the same type of output with only the relay server name changed and it says delivered to the relay server, your sendmail is working fine. You need to speak to the admins of the new relay server. The rules on the old server may be setup to pass thru the messages coming form this particular HPUX server whereas the new relay server may not be aware of the existence of your server hence sending your relay requests to the bitbucket.

When a MS Exchange/Lotus Notes relay server is in question and your mail does not go out as expected, first thing one should do is to speak to the admins of the relay server more than anything else in my opinion.

run sendmail -v you@somewhere.com

post the output.

KPS
Super Advisor

Thanks everyone, I'm good to go now! Problem was a typo on the client's sendmail.cw file...