108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Sendmail Message Queue

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Crowe
Advisor

Sendmail Message Queue

I have a problem with a message trying to connect to a non-existant mail server. I want to remove it from the mail queue but I'm not sure if I can just go into the mqueue directory and delete both the qf and df files for that message ID? Is there a better way?
5 REPLIES 5
Clemens van Everdingen
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Sendmail Message Queue

Hi,

No problem doing that.
Just remove the files.

C.
The computer is a great invention, there are as many mistakes as ever, but they are nobody's fault !
Clemens van Everdingen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

See also this thread:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xbae75f260cafd4118fef0090279cd0f9,00.html

C.
The computer is a great invention, there are as many mistakes as ever, but they are nobody's fault !
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

You would only want to remove old files. Check the timestamp on those files before removing them.
David Crowe
Advisor

Thanks for the speedy replies. I just wanted confirmation that I wouldn't screw anything up by removing the files.
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi David,

I normally do a rm *msgID as there can sometimes be a third file involved - an xf file I believe. I think it's there if the msg is being processed at the time. Again there's no problem doing this - sendmail will just move on to the next msg.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!