Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sendmail Message Queue

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Crowe
Advisor

Sendmail Message Queue

I have a problem with a message trying to connect to a non-existant mail server. I want to remove it from the mail queue but I'm not sure if I can just go into the mqueue directory and delete both the qf and df files for that message ID? Is there a better way?
5 REPLIES
Clemens van Everdingen
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Sendmail Message Queue

Hi,

No problem doing that.
Just remove the files.

C.
The computer is a great invention, there are as many mistakes as ever, but they are nobody's fault !
Clemens van Everdingen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

See also this thread:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xbae75f260cafd4118fef0090279cd0f9,00.html

C.
The computer is a great invention, there are as many mistakes as ever, but they are nobody's fault !
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

You would only want to remove old files. Check the timestamp on those files before removing them.
David Crowe
Advisor

Thanks for the speedy replies. I just wanted confirmation that I wouldn't screw anything up by removing the files.
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi David,

I normally do a rm *msgID as there can sometimes be a third file involved - an xf file I believe. I think it's there if the msg is being processed at the time. Again there's no problem doing this - sendmail will just move on to the next msg.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!