1753751 Members
5504 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Sendmail problem.

Kenny Chau
Trusted Contributor

Sendmail problem.

I am tried to configure the sendmail.cf to send mails to my exchange server so that the HP_UX can send emails to internet. However, the exchange server need authentication. So did anyone know how to setup the loginID and password in the configure file in HP-UX so that the exchange server can let me send emails through it by using UNIX?
Kenny
5 REPLIES 5
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

This is more an Exchange configuration issue. You must give permission to the sendmail server to use the Exchange server as a relay server.

Kurt
Kenny Chau
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I already configure the exchange server as a relay server in the sendmail.cf in HP-UX. However, the Exchange server need authentication. So I need to add the loginID and password in HP-UX so that the Exchange server can let me use it to send out emails.
Kenny
Dave Kelly_1
Respected Contributor

Authentication is not available in the current HP implementation of sendmail (8.9.3).
Sachin Patel
Honored Contributor

Hi
I have not heard about this before. We use notes as our relay server. So all Unix mail goes to notes server and it delivers it to the Internet. As per I know as long as you can reach mail server you are ok.

Sachin
Is photography a hobby or another way to spend $
Pedro Sousa
Honored Contributor

Hi Kenny!
Maybe your problem is related to the delivery agent.
You need to check wich kind of agent is your exchange server using.
The default of HPUX is smpt. But you can change it to X400, UUCP, ...
check the following doc:
http://www.docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/fsearch/framedisplay?top=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90147/B2355-90147_top.html&con=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90147/00/00/39-con.html&toc=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90147/00/00/39-toc.html&searchterms=smtp&queryid=20010627-075654
good luck.