7324 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VM Disk Error

cheng
Occasional Advisor

VM Disk Error

Hello all of you,

I have some error message in dmesg and bdf, how can I fix it? And I have already using "fsck" and "newfs" command, it still not work, more detail please look at the attached file thanks !!

msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 037: vx_metaioerr - /dev/vx/dsk/cbsprdKdg/vol01 file system meta data read error
msgcnt 2 vxfs: mesg 056: vx_mapbad - /dev/vx/dsk/cbsprdKdg/vol01 file system extent allocation unit state bitmap number 0 marked bad
msgcnt 3 vxfs: mesg 025: vx_wsuper - /dev/vx/dsk/cbsprdKdg/vol01 file system super-block update failed
msgcnt 4 vxfs: mesg 031: vx_disable - /dev/vx/dsk/cbsprdKdg/vol01 file system disabled
Anthony
3 REPLIES 3
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

Re: VM Disk Error

If youve tried fsck with the full check option and you still get this error then your filesystem is corrupt - you will need to delete the logical volume and recreate it, then newfs it.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
cheng
Occasional Advisor

Hello Stefan,

So I need using "rm -R" command or "vxdg destory" to remove the dg or not? Can you let me know the step? And one more question, if the dg it can not import the server, how can I fix it? Thanks !!

Cheers,
Anthony
Anthony
cheng
Occasional Advisor

More information:

vxdg -tfC import cdbprdKdg
vxvm:vxdg: ERROR: Disk group cdbprdKdg: import failed: Disk group has no valid c
onfiguration copies
Anthony