5086 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: masquerading

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Franke

masquerading

I have just started working with sendmail,and have a couple questions. First the easy one.
Is there a way to remove mail from the outgoing mail queue, without stop/starting sendmail?

Second one is a little more involved. I am behind a corp. firewall/mail service provider, that checks the reply address for the correct domain. If the domain does not match abc.com it will drop outgoing mail. I would like to change the reply to email address. ie. dfranke@abc.com instead of root@localhost
Can this be done on a per user bases, or will I have to do site hiding and then mask the ones I do not want masqueraded?
Thanks for the help in advance.
Dave
4 REPLIES 4
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor
Solution

You could remove messages from the mqueue but that means removing the message file and the control file as well. You would be better off bouncing sendmail.

To masquerade, there is a macro in the sendmail.cf file that will rewrite all outgoing messages. If you are looking for a per user basis, have a look at the mailertable.
Kofi ARTHIABAH
Honored Contributor

#sendmail -q -v
should attempt to redeliver your messages
nothing wrong with me that a few lines of code cannot fix!
Dave Kelly_1
Respected Contributor

Please note that mailertable is not the correct file to rewrite user addresses.

If you want to masquerade on a per-user basis, you need to look at the userdb functionality of sendmail (8.8.6 and above).

An example of the configuration can be found in the document KBRC00001457 in the Technical Knowledge Base
someone_4
Honored Contributor

What about the DM line in the sendmail.cf file ?