Operating System - HP-UX
1748182 Members
3466 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: sendmail - SYSERR(root): timeout writing message to []: Resource temporarily unavailable

jasonK_1
Frequent Advisor

sendmail - SYSERR(root): timeout writing message to []: Resource temporarily unavailable

I changed my email server IP address, as of now, I can send email to and from yahoo just fine. I have two remote servers using this email server to relay mails but not mails got deferred status. nslookup give a correct IP. I can use mailx to send mail just fine but can't use the in-house application to send mail. below is the error of the in-house developed application:
SYSERR(root): timeout writing message to []: Resource temporarily unavailable
and status deferred.
5 REPLIES 5
jasonK_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: sendmail - SYSERR(root): timeout writing message to []: Resource temporarily unavailable

Actually, when I send out email with attachment about 171K I got SYSERR(root): timeout writing message to []: Resource temporarily unavailable
and status deferred.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>can't use the in-house application

How does it work? Does it use sendmail or does it connect directly to the SMTP server?
jasonK_1
Frequent Advisor

in-house application is a script that calls elm. It seems to me the email server is the problem because the log of it shows "timeout after DATA (XXX bytes) from x.y.z.k" Only email with attachment about 100Kb or more will get SYSERR(root): timeout writing message to []: Resource temporarily unavailable
and status deferred. I just switched my email server from T1 line to verizon fios static IP. Verzion fios is much faster...This is weird
jasonK_1
Frequent Advisor

Actually it was my fault. The email server doesn't have the correct nameserver in the resolv.conf so it prematurely disconnect while accepting data. It is now solved.
jasonK_1
Frequent Advisor

Solved the problem.