4179 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error installing HP SCCM 2012 Integration Kit

frodo_1
Occasional Visitor

Error installing HP SCCM 2012 Integration Kit

Hi

First of all: Does HP SCCM 2012 Integration Kit support SCCM 2012 SP1?

The installation failes to create HP Proliant Boot Image x64.  Here is  last part of the install.log file:

2013-02-07 09:56:48 trace ExecuteProcess(C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe, /export "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\OSD\Lib\BootImages\HP\ProLiant\x64\temp.wim" 1 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\OSD\Lib\BootImages\HP\ProLiant\x64\boot.wim" "Microsoft Windows PE (x64)" /boot) = 0
2013-02-07 09:56:48 trace ExportWim(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\OSD\Lib\BootImages\HP\ProLiant\x64\temp.wim, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\OSD\Lib\BootImages\HP\ProLiant\x64\boot.wim, Microsoft Windows PE (x64)) = success
2013-02-07 09:56:48 trace DeleteFile(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\OSD\Lib\BootImages\HP\ProLiant\x64\temp.wim)
2013-02-07 09:56:48 trace DeleteFile(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\OSD\Lib\BootImages\HP\ProLiant\x64\temp.wim) = success
2013-02-07 09:56:48 trace CreateWim(x64, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\OSD\Lib\Drivers\HP\ProLiant\ws2008r2-x64\winpe-support) = \\SCCM-LAB.contoso.com\SMS_001\OSD\Lib\BootImages\HP\ProLiant\x64\boot.wim
2013-02-07 09:56:48 trace GetBootImagePackage(HP ProLiant Boot Image x64)
2013-02-07 09:56:48 trace GetBootImagePackage(HP ProLiant Boot Image x64) = no matches
2013-02-07 09:57:46 EXCEPTION CreateBootImagePackage: The SMS Provider reported an error., FolderNotEmpty, 2152205056, ConfigMgr Error Object:
instance of SMS_ExtendedStatus
{
 Description = "Failed to insert OSD binaries into the WIM file";
 ErrorCode = 2152205056;
 File = "e:\\nts_sccm_release\\sms\\siteserver\\sdk_provider\\smsprov\\sspbootimagepackage.cpp";
 Line = 3687;
 ObjectInfo = "CSspBootImagePackage::InjectOSDBinaries";
 Operation = "PutInstance";
 ParameterInfo = "";
 ProviderName = "ExtnProv";
 StatusCode = 2147749889;
};
2013-02-07 09:57:46 ERROR RegisterVendorOSDObjects() = failed to create HP ProLiant Boot Image x64
2013-02-07 09:57:46 trace Install() = 2
2013-02-07 10:12:08 message Finished [2]

Anyone seen this before?

7 REPLIES 7
guylerome

Same issue here, I'm guessing the toolkit is not compatible with SCCM 2012 SP1.

On which OS are you running SCCM?

MichaelHerbst
Occasional Visitor

First of all  @Frodo: You have to uninstall the old WAIK, if you are using SCCM2012 SP1. This is not supported from Microsoft.

After Uninstall you will get a failure, because the Integration Kit trys to copy the WIM-File from the old WAIK folders (you will see this in the Logfile. The Installer wants to use the "Tools\PETools\amd64\winpe.wim" File). I have tryed to copy (DO NOT INSTALL THIS TOOLS, JUST COPY IT) the old WAIK-Files in the original place. Failure. Copied it to the Systemenvironment-Variables of the new ADK. Failure.

I think the Installer trys to check where the WAIK is installed and want's to use this folder. And here is the Problem. SCCM 2012 SP1 doesn't support the old WAIK, you have to use ADK.

Interesting is that if you have installed the Integration Kit on SCCM2012 and upgrade to SP1, you won't have problems. But in the case you have to reinstall it (like me), it will uninstall the Drivers, the PE and the ConsolePlugin and failes on the installation.

My actual Work-Around is to extract the Installer und import the Drivers and build-up the Winpe on my own. I don't need the other Tools from the Package yet, but it would be nice to have them.

@HP: PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

frodo_1
Occasional Visitor

That's what I feared.

I'll try it the manuel way. Did you have to inject any drivers to the boot image? My goal is to install Windows 2012 server on a Proliant ML 350p Gen8 box.

Thanks for your reply.

MichaelHerbst
Occasional Visitor

Hi frodo,

No the drivers are splitted into WinPE and others. Just inject the WinPE-Drivers into the bootimages. Build up a DriverPackage with the other drivers (I created the DriverPackages with the Driver-Import-Wizzard).

W2K12 is actually not supported in the SCCM 2012 integrationkit, but it will work, cause the drivers are W2K12-compatible (you can check it at the drivers under supported OS).

Bye

MichaelHerbst
Occasional Visitor

Hi together,

ok some new news.

First start the Installation. Stop on the point where you klick "Install".

Copy the Folder Tools from the original WAIK to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Temp\<Tempname>\

<Tempname> is a randomly generated name where the Install-Sources are pasted in.

After that the Winpe from the HP IP will be created. The Import failes (don't know why yet). Next steps will be done on Monday (if Hp will not give us a new version ;) ).

Greets & nice weekend :)

Lexical

Hello all,

I am receiving the same error as in OP..

Any updates from the past week?

Thanks.

blinton

This can be resovled by looking in the registry for the following String: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Kits\Installed Roots\KitsRoot81

Once you find it create a new REG_SZ String value called KitsRoot and copy the path that is in KitsRoot81.

It looks like the Integration Kit needs to be updated to work properly with Windows ADK 8.1 but this should get it installed.

Please Test before implementing in Prod and always backup your registry.