Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Device Monitor Service was unable to discover the device

sajmo
Occasional Visitor

HP Device Monitor Service was unable to discover the device

Hi,

We are using SCOM 2007 R2 and have recently imported the HP SCOM Management Packs.  SCOM has successfully discovered HP Proliant servers but am having great difficulty in getting BladeCenter enclosures to be discovered.  We are using HP BladeCenter MP v2.0.0. 

I input the relevant details in Device Monitor Console and then get below in HP Device Monitor event log :-

Log Name:      HP Device Monitor
Source:        HP Device Monitor Core
Date:          21/08/2012 09:52:49
Event ID:      440
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com
Description:
The HP Device Monitor Service was unable to discover the device.  Please check the connection and configuration for the device and try to discover the device again.
Could not discover or identify xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.  Ensure the device is up and connected to the network.  Ensure the credentials are correct by verifying the community string for SNMP managed devices.  Ensure the Insight Management Agents are currently running on in-band server devices.  Ensure the Agentless Management is configured properly in the iLO Management Engine for out-of-band server devices.

HTTPS/SNMP have been successfully tested between SCOM server and BladeCenter chassis, chassis is sending traps to SCOM server as verified that using snmputil.  Also tried setting the 3 monitoring profiles related with this MP to use Local System Account and it still doesn't work.

Any help much appreciated.

2 REPLIES
MarkE100
Regular Visitor

Re: HP Device Monitor Service was unable to discover the device

Ensure the OA firmware is > than 2.05

Check the OA system log , can you see the HP DMS server sucessfully logging into the OA (via the IP)

If both these are OK then it may be a bug. I have been having issues adding some OA to DMS for no apparent reason, the enclousures are working fine in the Bladesystem Enclosure Monitor but cannot be added to the newer HP DMS 1.1.

I have a ticket open with HP at the moment.

sajmo
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Device Monitor Service was unable to discover the device

Firmware version is 3.00. Also on Active OA system log can only see enteries for logging in when I have logged on to BladeCenter Web Page manually from DMS server.