1748041 Members
5081 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Storageworks Management Pack install fails

Jeroen Mazereel

HP Storageworks Management Pack install fails

Hello,

I am installing the HP StorageWorks Management Pack for Systems Center Operations Manager 2007 on a Windows Server 2008 Std 64bit operating system.
I am getting the error:
Product: HP StorageWorks Management Pack for OpsMgr 2007 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action _5EF6C3A0_006C_4347_8E3F_B94227B7C332 script error -2147024894, : Line 205, Column 4,

I know this has been flagged as a known issue when snmp is not installed, but this is not the case here. SNMP is fully installed. SMI2SMIR tools is available.

The install runs fine on a 32bit 2008.

Anyone with ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Richelle Ahlvers
Occasional Advisor

Jeroen,

Can you send the details of your configuration to storagemompack@hp.com?

Thanks,
Richelle

HP StorageWorks Management Pack team
Patrick Rots

Hey,

Is there any solution for this, i've have the same problem. It's olso on a W2008 x64 server.
Richelle Ahlvers
Occasional Advisor

We have verified that a problem was introduced in version 1.5.2 that causes installations to fail on Windows 2008 64-bit versions. This will be fixed in version 1.5.3.

Version 1.5.1 works on Windows 2008 64-bit.
Patrick Rots

Hey Richelle,

I juist found i can installed it with cmd.
(msiexec /a "msi file").

thanks for replying.

Patrick

Richelle,

Is there any news when the updated version (v.1.5.3) of this MP will be released.

We are keen to deploy this MP but we have the same error in our environemnt when we try to install the v.1.5.2 of the MP.

If the new version is due soon we may hold-off until it becomes available as we would rather not have to install v.1.5.1 only to then have to uninstall it later and do the work of reconfiguring it again.

Thanking you for your answer,

Michael
Sven H. Wells
Advisor

I am having the same issue with HP StorageWorks MP v1.7 on W2K3 x64 SP2.