1753259 Members
4985 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Insight Suite: Task Sequence Error - Fail to import XML

Gareth Norton

Insight Suite: Task Sequence Error - Fail to import XML

Hi,

When I try to create a new task sequence (Task Sequence-> Create Server Deployment Task Sequence) I reciece the following error -> Error: Failed to import the XML into the task sequence. Sorry, I am quite new at using the Insight Suite, so any help would be appreciated.
I have installed the Insight Software, so I do not think it is a problem with SCCM vs HP Insight.
5 REPLIES 5
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

Re: Insight Suite: Task Sequence Error - Fail to import XML

A purchased suite license includes 24 x 7 Support. Look at the support section in the HP OSD Toolkit User Guide on instructions on how to register for support.
Gareth Norton

HI,

I am only evaluating the product to see if it does what we require. Unfortunatley it seems I have fallen at the first step. If I can get this eval to work, then we will purchase the full product.

Are you able to advise on how to fix this in the interim?
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

Desired/easy method of creating task sequence is to use the HP template as per the diagram below - see attachment
Gareth Norton

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

I am actualy going through this method. After clicking this and selecting the BIOS, Array etc, OS type, etc and click create, I get the message Error: Failed to import the XML into the task sequence straight after and can not go any further.

Any further information and help would be very appreciated.
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

Try rebooting the SCCM server. There may be some setup that is not complete until the server is rebooted.