HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Microsoft System Center Integration
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor HP Proliant DL380 Gen8 Servers with Microsoft SCOM 2012 R2 - Agentless

Amnesiaboy
Occasional Contributor

Monitor HP Proliant DL380 Gen8 Servers with Microsoft SCOM 2012 R2 - Agentless

Hi @all

I would like to Monitor our HP Proliant DL380Gen8 Servers running VMWare ESXi 5.x with Microsoft SCOM 2012 R2 and therefore I installed the HP DMS and DMC on a dedicated Win2012R2 Server and added the Proliants to the DMS. I also imported the HP Proliant Management Pack and the HP Agentless Management Pack to Microsoft SCOM (with all dependend MP´s)

Now I tried to test a hardware failure (unplug a power supply etc..) .. I can see in the SCOM Monitoring Pane - HP System - HP Agentless Servers - Server State a Warning at "Power Supplies" at the Server where i unplugged a Power Supply, but SCOM does not generate an Alert for this Event.

so I checked the MP Settings in SCOM  Authoring pane and noticed, that almost everywhere in the MP (HP Proliant Servers Base) the "Generate Alert" is set to False. Then I created an override MP  "HP Prolaint Servers Base - Overrides"  and set the "Generate Alert" on "Availability - HP ProLiant Power Supplies to HP ProLiant Server Health Rollup Monitor" to true.

then I simulated the hardware failure with unplugging a power supply again ... it took almost half an hour, then the server switched to warning in the Monitoring pane again, but no Alert was generated! (same situation as before the MP overrides)

what did I wrong? .. what do I have to perform to enable Alerting of the Agentless Management Pack?

thanks for any help

Klaus