108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OSD installation on SCCM 2007 SP2 fails

SOLVED
Go to solution
EGray
Occasional Contributor

OSD installation on SCCM 2007 SP2 fails

I'm using SCCM 2007 R2/SP2, trying to install the ProLiant Server OS Deployment component. 64-bit Windows 2008.

Towards the end of the wizard the installation halts and rolls back. The following error is in the event log:

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: HP ProLiant Server OS Deployment for Configuration Manager 2007. Product Version: 1.0.6.0. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 1603.

The step in the wizard that fails seems to be: Creating new WinPE boot image.

31 REPLIES 31
Tony Cresswell
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: OSD installation on SCCM 2007 SP2 fails

The last thing I heard from HP on this was that the OSD pack did not work properly with SCCM SP2.

There is a new version of OSD from HP out in Dec that will support SP2.

Can anyone from HP confirm this?
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

That is correct the current HP OSD Toolkit does not work with SCCM SP2.
The new release of Insight Control for Microsoft System Center will include a new HP OSD Toolkit that works with SCCM SP2. The release is expected be avail 1Q2010.
Bigbird_1
Advisor

Can someone confirm that the product we are waiting for is "HP Insight Control 6.0"? I had installed SCCM SP2 in hopes to support deploying Server 2008 R2, but found after that the HP OSD no longer functions. I read on the HP website that Insight Control will be released sometime in January 2010. Is that still on schedule?
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

Yes, the next release of Insight Control for System Center is exclusively provided as part of and licensed through HP Insight Control 6.0 (Jan 2010). The suite will include an update to OSD to support Windows 2008 R2.
Bigbird_1
Advisor

Does anyone have any updates as to when the link to download HP Insight Control 6.0 will be available? The HP page still says January and there is less than a week left.
Sebastian Zolg

Hi Everyone,

are there any updates on this ? Still only can download the pre-version 6.0 which is obviously not supported on SCCM SP2.

Thx

Sebastian
Casey Robertson - SPS
Occasional Advisor

As of 3/1/2010 - downloaded what appeared to be the latest trialware for the SCCM integration and still fails at install on SCCM SP2 running on Windows 2008 R2.

Am I downloading the wrong trial or has it not been resolved yet?

Thanks,

Casey

location I got my download from:

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/tryinsightcontrol/index.html
Bigbird_1
Advisor

They haven't released 6.0 yet. That's still the old version I believe. This link still hasn't been updated to reflect the delay since the proposed January timeframe...

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/ice/index.html
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

The latest version of Insight Control for Microsoft System Center 6.0, which supports Windows Server 2008 R2 and the latest System Center updates, is available for purchase and trial downloads

Go to:

www.hp.com/go/insightupdates

Click on:

Download the latest available Insight Software DVD ISO images