Re: OSD installation on SCCM 2007 SP2 fails

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bigbird_1
Advisor

When at the final step to download directly, it gives the following error:

"We're very sorry!

The file you are attempting to download is not available at this time. Please try again later or contact our customer support at ebusinesssupport@hp.com to resolve this issue by providing complete order information and your contact details.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Customer Service
Electronic Software Delivery
Hewlett-Packard Co"
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

The download problem is being addressed. I will add another reply when it is resolved.
Casey Robertson - SPS
Occasional Advisor

Looks like the download link is working. I'm pulling down the ISO right now.

Thanks,
Casey
Casey Robertson - SPS
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately, installation is still failing. Gets to the boot image step then rolls back...

Help!
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

The Software Depot Download is now working.

Please look at the Support Matrix at:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01299199/c01299199.pdf

section:
Upgrade support of HP ProLiant Server OS
Deployment for Configuration Manager 2007

Note: The software comes with a 60 day trial license. Licenses are available from:

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/bsic/licenses.html
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

Second look at the HP OSD Toolkit release notes once you open the ISO image and start Autorun.

Some configurations may require a MSFT Hotfix that is required for OSD installing on SCCM with SQL 2008:

OSD installation failed on SCCM with SQL 2008
The OSD kit failed to import HP Driver Packages with SCCM with SQL 2008 during installation. Microsoft Hotfix KB969529 resolves the OSD installation failure.
Casey Robertson - SPS
Occasional Advisor

You cannot install that hotfix (KB 969529) on Windows 2008 R2. When you try to install it fails with error:

"Setup has detected that the build version of the system installed does not match the update you are applying to it.

You can only install this update on Build 2195 to Build 6005."

This would appear to be referring to the Windows platform version.
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

Yes the release notes should state:
OSD installation failed on SCCM with SQL 2008 and Windows 2008
Casey Robertson - SPS
Occasional Advisor

I'm sorry but guess I'm failing to understand your answer. This hotfix would only appear to apply to SCCM 2007 SP1. The KB article specifically states that to resolve the problem, one of the supported methods is to 'obtain the latest service pack' which in this case is SP2 which is installed on this server.

Is the HP OSD product simply not supported on Windows 2008 R2 or is there another issue?
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

HP's OSD Toolkit in the latest Insight Control for System Center Release 6.0 does support SCCM SP2 and W2008 R2. You are correct the Hotfix is not required for your configuration if you are running SCCM SP2 with W2008 R2. It is only required for SCCM SP1 with W2008. We will update the release notes in the next release to clarify this point.
I would suggest if you are not successful with the HP OSD Toolkit installation you call HP Support by looking at the support section in the HP OSD Toolkit User Guide.