Microsoft System Center Integration
1753781 Members
7403 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SCOM 2007 R2 unable to add HP enclosures using HP BladeSystem Monitor Manager

Louis_S

SCOM 2007 R2 unable to add HP enclosures using HP BladeSystem Monitor Manager

I am trying to add enclosures using the Enclosure Monitor Manager on MS SCOM 2007 R2. I am receiving a popup error at the end of installation on the "Finish tab":

Operation error.
Unable to write data to the x.x.x.x monitor service.
Failed to add y.y.y.y

x.x.x.x is IP address of SCOM server and y.y.y.y is IP address of enclosure.

OS is Windows 2008 SP2
SCOM is 2007 R2
HP Blabesystem Enclosure Monitor Manager is 1.7.1.0

Have downloaded Proliant and BladeSystem MP from HP website. Also have removed and reinstalled MPs as per user guide.

Any ideas.... Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Yusuf M

Re: SCOM 2007 R2 unable to add HP enclosures using HP BladeSystem Monitor Manager

I am having the same problem, the install process finds the enclosure. It begins to Add the enclsoure and then freezes for a about 4 seconds before the error message of:

Operation error.
Unable to write data to the x.x.x.x monitor service.
Failed to add y.y.y.y
Yusuf M

Just found the solution the file that is trying to be written to is marked as read only. Locate the file right click, and utick the read only check box.

file path:

C:\Program Files\HP BladeSystem Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007\Monitor Service\HPBladeSystemEnclosureMonitorService.exe.config

Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

A new version of the

HP BladeSystem Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 version 1.9 fixes this issue.

go to:

http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPSCOMBMP