D'Haese Willem

SCOM HP Server Discovery

Hello,

We have a SCOM 2007 R2 environment with
- HP Bladesystem MP
- HP Proliant Servers Base
- HP Proliant Servers SNMP MP
- HP Servers Core Library

Most of our HP servers are discovered properly, but some of them (3) are not. I have no idea why they are not discovered normally, but this is not accepatable, because the problem servers are Exchange cluster nodes. CAn anyone tell me in what direction I have to look?

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
H_16
Trusted Contributor

Re: SCOM HP Server Discovery

Could be that the HP servers mentioned do not have the relevant drivers installed.
D'Haese Willem

The problem servers have all the same drivers as the other servers. All HP services are also started and the same. In one case one cluster node is discovered as a HP server and the other isn't.
D'Haese Willem

In the meantime I also compared the SNMP settings of the servers. All is the same. In the Custom Data Manager, the problem servers are not listed. On what basis does SCOM know a server is from HP and not say Fujitsu? Can it be something in the registry?
jvu
Occasional Advisor

Hi D'Haese,

What version of the Server MP do you have installed? If it's older than 1.30, then you may consider upgrading to this version to see if the issue is resolved. The latest Server MP version 1.30 fixed a cluster issue.

You can download this version from the HP Software Depot site.

Version: 1.30
Software specification: HP ProLiant Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007 (Z7550-10508.exe)

Regards.
D'Haese Willem

Thank you for the replies. We already have version 1.30. I did found the solution in the meantime by updating the HP System Insight Agent to the latest version. Some servers already had the latest version,but reinstalling seemes to help also.
This thread can be considere closed :)
D'Haese Willem

Bad news.. 2 cluster nodes were discovered properly after deing smartstart update, but 2 other cluster nodes didn't. Anyone got an idea what i could try next?