My Learning Certification
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Augmented Reality is real in HPE My Learning courseware

karlkovacs

Augmented Reality.jpg

Participant-centered learning provides the learner the option to make choices on what to learn from what is offered. Options may include various  hands-on activities, instructor led lecture and learning activities, or informal learning . An addition to these traditional learning options is a technology which makes images come to life. Augmented Reality (AR) makes it possible to trigger an experience from an image which is in the courseware, for example videos or other learning interactions. These other realities, in our first implementation videos, can help learners who are less familiar with what is covered, learn quickly by watching a short video during a standard break or after other classroom work.

Continuing to drive innovation across our portfolio of technologies HPE My Learning and HPE Aurasma have come together to enhance the way you learn, bringing embedded digital content to your printed material. All you have to do is download the HPE My Learning App (previously known as HP ExpertOne) powered by Aurasma from the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store (coming soon), open the app and point the viewfinder at the page wherever you see this icon  to launch your digital content. The HPE FlexNetwork Fundamentals, Rev. 15.21 course is the first HPE My Learning certification course introducing this new way of learning. 

How to Use the App:

1. Download the app from the Google Play store

2. Open the app

3. Point camera at one of the images below.

4. Augemented reality content will start to play

Example 1

Figure 10-1

The figure above shows an IRF virtual device with fixed-port, or stackable, switches, but the IRF can consist of modular switches. In that case, one modular switch’s management module is active and others are on standby. All modular switches contribute their interface modules to the IRF device.

Example 2

figure 10-3

Example 3

Figure 10-5

The figure shows the process that you will follow in the lab to configure IRF. Depending on your environment and switches, you can vary this process a bit, but this process generally works well.

What are your thoughts? What training courseware would you like to see augemented reality added to next? Please provide comments. We read each and every one.

My Learning

Join My Learning today to access free learning tools, HP experts, and our global community of 700,000+ IT professionals.

Click to register for your HPE Learner ID today!

HPE My Learning Social Media

Tweet us! @HPE_MyLearning

Join our  LinkedIn group

Follow our Google+ community

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs
Global Sales and Partner Enablement
About the Author

karlkovacs

20+ years in IT, including data center architect, pre-sales engineer, certification development and management. Passion for technology, gadgets and the outdoors. Always looking for ways to blend them together in one big adventure.

Comments
Wim Groeneveld

Thanks Karl, for sharing this excited news with us all.

To those who tested out the HP ExpertOne App, I would be very interested in your comments, thoughts and feedback. please send me an email on wim@hp.com

Liane Verbarg

Thanks for sharing, Karl.

This is great news and I will further share this exciting information right away.

GM1

To make the electronic copies of Student Guides and Labs more useful, the student (or instructor) needs the ability to add comments and highlight text. This cannot be done today. For example, I am ramping up for the new :

ExpertOne Course ID:      00988731           

HP Ed SKU:                         not yet assigned

Class name:                       Integrating HP ProLiant Server Solutions, Rev. 15.31                         

Duration:                            40 hours             

Exam:                                  HP0-S44

I am unable to HIGHLIGHT or add any COMMENTS to the SG or LG.  I also teach for EDU and the use Gilmore for their electronic copy. With those we are able to highlight and add comments.

We need to add this feature to make these documents use to students after they take the course.

Labels
Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more