3776 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Becoming an HP Certified Technician to become a self-maintainer

JWSM
Occasional Contributor

Becoming an HP Certified Technician to become a self-maintainer

Hello,

I am trying to track down what I need to do to become an HP Certified Technician.  The company wants to self-maintain.  I know we are eligible (that pdf was easy to find), but I cannot find any clear answer on a course and exam track to do this.

Does anyone have any information?

6 REPLIES 6
JWSM
Occasional Contributor

An update on this...  I am told all I need to do is pass the HP2-T17 test.  If this is true, where can I find the corresponding study guide?

SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for bringing your question to the community.

The HP2-T17 exam, Servicing HP ProLiant ML/DL/SL Servers is available through the Learning Center on your local partner portal.  You must have an account on your local portal and an HP Learner ID to register for an exam.  If you are not set up in the system, please visit www.hp.com/go/certification for information on how to get started.

Once you have your login to the portal and your HP Learner ID, you can register for the course, view supporting training courses and access the exam preparation guide.  I've attached a copy of the prep guide for your convenience.

Again, thank you for your interest!

SeanaAtHP
cmccarty

What certification would you need to self maintain (skip having to go through the basic support stuff on the phone) for HP Blades?

SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor

Hi...I am researching your question and will get an answer out to you as soon as possible
SeanaAtHP
SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor

Thank you for bringing your question to the community.

The information you are looking for is available through the Learning Center on your local partner portal.  You must have an account on your local portal and an HP Learner ID to register for an exam.  If you are not set up in the system, please visit www.hp.com/go/certification for information on how to get started.

Once you have your login to the portal and your HP Learner ID, you can view the information you need.  I have attached the certification datasheet for the APS Bladesystem Solutions [2010] certification to get you started.

Again, thank you for your interest!

SeanaAtHP
Kevin_Adams
Honored Contributor

In the UK you would need Server + (Or HP2-T16) and HP2-T19 APS HP Bladesystem solutions 2010.

For the Proliant servers you would need HP2-T17 APS Proliant ML/DL/SL.

The Server + or T16 is common to both certifications so if you intend to hold them both consider your choice to start with, within my company many choose server + as this can be used towards other vendor certifications so has the greatest coverage.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)