Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
My Learning Certification
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bumper Sticker Sentiments with Cranberry Sauce and Green Bean Casserole

CertDoctor

I recently read a bumper sticker that said, “Thanksgiving, after all, is an action word” and I said to myself, “Self, that’s a pretty decent sentiment.”    Given that I frequently talk to myself whilst driving, Self was not at all surprised by this comment. In fact,  Self has heard many such comments about other people’s bumper stickers—call it bumper sticker envy if you will (you should SEE the back of my car!), but here are some of my all time favs:

First, the funny ones:

• If you don’t like my driving, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Shut up and drive.
  • 0-60 in 15 minutes!
  • My Labrador retriever is smarter than your honor student.
  • Very funny Scotty; now beam down my clothes.
  • Buckle up... it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.
  • If this sticker is getting smaller, the light is probably green.
  • There's no place like 127.0.0.

Now, the ones that made me stop and think:

• Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous.
  •  To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.
  • Here’s to being braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
  • Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
  • Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
  • When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.
  • Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.

That last one especially got to me, so I wanted to express my sincere gratitude for everyone who has helped create the ExpertONE story, to everyone who has helped tell the story, and to everyone who has been following the story.  These are truly great times to be at HP and to become part of the HP certified community.

Also, just in case you missed it when I asked for feedback in my blog The Sharing Circle , the offer still stands.  I’d love to hear from you about your experiences with certification and where you want us to focus on in the coming months.  I’d like to send a special “Shout out” to gsauls for his contributions to the discussion.

All the best to you and yours!   If you must overindulge this week, may it be on thankfulness!

Until Next Time,

CertDoctor

Cert Doctor
About the Author

CertDoctor

Rebekah leads the Global Product Development team for the HP ExpertOne program and has an extensive background in training and human performance improvement. In addition to her work experience, Rebekah earned her Ph.D. in Education with a specialization in Training and Performance Improvement in 2006.

Comments
gsauls

Hey Cert Doc...

I always enjoy a good bumper sticker.... you've listed some nice ones.

thanks for the Shout Out.... i'm back in SA now after all the travels... i'm still looking forward to Lyle's Europe summary trip to get some ideas of the way forward... i would also like to see others comment in the Sharing circle as it will bring about good debates and discussions.

keep well.

gsauls

Labels
Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more