My Learning Certification
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certification in the 21st century

LyleAtHP

The HP Certification & Learning team has been hunkered down designing some pretty awesome changes we have in store for the HP ExpertONE program and community in FY’11.  While I can’t yet share all the details, suffice it to say we are thinking “transformational” in how we build, distribute and work with our learning colleagues across the globe.

During our discussions we’ve been thinking hard about the some of the traditional concepts on which certification programs were created (originally almost 40 years ago), and how this industry, economy, and individuals needs have changed.  We also have been asking why vendor approaches to certifications haven’t fundamentally changed in almost half a century?

According to Foote Research Group IT Skills and Pay Index thru 1/2011 "While Pure Play tech jobs return in a trickle, demand for skills is gushing. Gains in Database, Applications Development, SAP/ERP, E-Commerce, and Methodology/Process/Management skills lead the way, boosted by increased demand for hybrid IT/Business professionals. Meanwhile demand for formal certification loses more ground." 

Here is my question to you; is it time for a fundamental change in approach to providing and demonstrating professional skills and knowledge?  Looking forward to the conversation...

0 Kudos
About the Author

LyleAtHP

With over 25 years of sales, channel management and business leadership in technology markets, Lyle Speirs leads demand generation and marketing of certification and learning solutions across the HP portfolio of product, services and solutions

Labels
Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more