New Discussion

Re: Certification validation question

SOLVED
Go to solution
DenisF
Advisor

Certification validation question

Hi Gents,

I've got probably strange question for you, but still I have to clarify that for myself. I've raised that with HP ExpertOne support as well.

How to validate person's certificate, is real or not? Please do not get me wrong, but it's a photoshop era and sometimes people are lying, as for example as an employer, how can I be sure the certificate of my employee is real? Is it based on trust only?

thanks

thanks,
Den
3 REPLIES 3
karlkovacs
HPE Pro
Solution

This is an excellent question. 

The easiest way to validate certifications a learner holds is have them logon to My ExpertOne.

This portal is unique to each learner and shows what certifications they hold. It also shows their "My Benefit Level" in the upper right hand corner of the page.

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs
DenisF
Advisor

What about situations when for example I'm reviewing employee CV and just want to understand if his certificate is really valid to proceed over next steps with him/her or not? It's not always an option to ask to show person's ExpertOne page. As well as there are might be situations when some another interested person just doesn't know that ExpertOne page exist and he or she has no other option at the moment to verify that in a few quick steps.

I would imagine myself something like unic certificate ID and the page where you can enter this ID and understand if the certificate is valid or even a phone/email where you can call and clarify that.

However, Karl, many thanks for clarification, I understand the point.

thanks,
Den
karlkovacs
HPE Pro

HP is working on solving this problem. I have no time frame.

We want to give companies hiring ExpertOne certififed professionals the ability to go online and verify their certifications.

In the meantime, get paper copies for round one of the interviews (based on good faith) and if they make it to the second round, they can verify with the hiring manager the certifications HP recognizes they hold.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs