HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
My Learning Certification
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in HP0-Y30 exam preparation guide?

paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

Error in HP0-Y30 exam preparation guide?

Hi everyone,

I have found what i believe to be an error in the exam preparation guide for HP0-Y30. As i haven't yet taken this exam, i don't know whether this is an error in published exam questions as well, or just in the prep guide.

In practice question 8, five topologies for IRF are drawn, and we are asked to pick two correct ones.  The answers given are A (daisy-chain) and D (ring).  Topology B in the answers is said to be a tree topology, and therefore incorrect.  However, on p. 19 of the A5500 IRF configuration guide, a valid IRF topology is drawn which exactly matches topology B in the practice question.

Given the rules for IRF formation, there can be no functional difference between topologies A & B, since at any time the priority of a switch in the middle of the daisy chain could be higher than than the one at the end.  Also, its uptime could be longer or its MAC address could be lower.  Thus B should be a correct topology on the practice exam, and answers A & B should be merged.

I'm unable to validate this on real equipment, because my IRF stack has only 2 switches, but i'm reasonably confident about this, given the rules of IRF stack formation.

Regards,

Paul

Regards,
Paul