Advancing Life & Work
1748169 Members
4217 Online
108758 Solutions
New Article
SarahA

Get to know our support team: Manuel Pajares

Meet Manuel Pajares, EMEA L1 Regional Support Manager, in this blog series.

Manuel PajaresManuel Pajares

Name: Manuel Pajares

Role: EMEA L1 Regional Support Lead

How long they’ve been with HPE: 8 years

Country-based: Poland

Why are you in a support role/How did you get started?
Well, this actually starts back in Spain, where I come from. I finished my university degree and I got an internship for working in Poland for 3 months. After that, I got hired by HP and started working for our Customer Center for Accounts Payable. I was never a phone person, but there, among invoices, I learned to deal with stressful situations on the phone, invoices due to be paid, and complicated situations. That gave me a big understanding of how our customers/vendors/partners might feel when they need support, how we need to put ourselves in their shoes, and how important it is to go the extra mile and answer not only their current question but any possible future question that might come.

After 2 years I moved into Certification and Learning support team, that I led since then, and where I always try to apply what I learned and make sure our partners receive the best possible support.

What’s your advice for people seeking support?
The best advice I can give is that there are no dumb questions; we are a few clicks away, so whenever they have an issue or have a question they should not hesitate to reach out to us. We are a passionate team and we are here to help, that is our motto.

Challenging support issue that you've resolved?
Because nowadays everything is interconnected, the most challenging support issues were connected with system failures over which we do not have control. We have always manage to overcome those problems, but the same as our partners we feel the frustration whenever we know there is nothing we can do except for waiting to have the system back up and running.

What do you do for fun?
It is hard to find a Spaniard who does not like soccer… and I am not one of them. I like soccer (both playing and watching), I like reading, listening to all kinds of music and whenever possible I try to travel a bit.

0 Kudos
About the Author

SarahA

I’ve been in marketing in high-tech for 20+ years.