3076 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP BSM 9.x AIS / ASE question?

tibornad
Esteemed Contributor

HP BSM 9.x AIS / ASE question?

Hello all

I have just completed my HP BSM 9.x AIS (HP0-M45) certification. Now the plan is to take thenex test for HP SiteScope 11.x (HP0-M44) very soon. Now my question is, assuming i pass the second test for SiteScope, i will have to AIS certifications in the same area. Will this give me a ASE certification automatically? I think it has been like this in the past from my understanding. I did some heavy searching around on the HP Training & Certifaication site. But i was not able to find anything related to this. Also i have only found a ASE test for the previous version 8.x of the product. Which obvioulsy doesn't make a whole lot of sense anymore. So i anyone knows i would be glad to hear.

Many thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to HP ExpertOne Certification Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

8 REPLIES 8
SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor

Hi Tibornad,

Each certification requires the applicant to pass an exam.  So, no, unfortunately, holding two AIS certifications will not automatically qualify a professional for an ASE certification.

Regarding the ASE certification you are interested in, please indicate which one and I'll research it to find out if a newer version is forthcoming.

Best regards,

SeanaAtHP
tibornad
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Seana

Thank you very much for your message! I am pretty much looking for the recplacement certification for the following test which can be found in the explorer:

Exam HP0-M89 Advanced HP Business Availability Center 8.0 Software

Version 8.0 of the product is outdate and being replaced by version 9.x since last year. So i don't see any benefit in taking the 8.0 test. If you could be so kind an check what the replacement test is, i would be very glad. If possible i would like to get certified on HP BSM 9.x pretty soon.

Again many thanks for your support

SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor

Hello Tibornad,

The 1 to 1 replacement credential for HP0-M89 Advanced HP Business Availability Center 8.0 Software is:

» HP AIS - BSM Platform and End User Management v9 (HP0-M45)

You might also consider the folling additional BSM related credentials:

» HP ASE - Universal CMDB Implementations v9

» HP AIS - BSM Network Node Manager i v9

» HP AIS - BSM Operations Manager For UNIX and Linux v9

» HP AIS - BSM Operations Manager For Windows v9

» HP AIS - BSM Operations Manager i v9

» HP AIS - Universal Configuration Management Database v9

» HP AIS - SiteScope v11

Hope this helps,

SeanaAtHP
Dmitry Shevchenko
Honored Contributor

@tibornad wrote:

Version 8.0 of the product is outdate and being replaced by version 9.x since last year. So i don't see any benefit in taking the 8.0 test. If you could be so kind an check what the replacement test is, i would be very glad. If possible i would like to get certified on HP BSM 9.x pretty soon.

ASE exam for BSM 9.x is not released yet. There are some issues with preparing lab environment for the exam as part of the exam is doing some hands-on exercises. 

ABK
Visitor

Hi ,

I would like to know what is the exam code for "AIS -BSM Network Node Manger i v9"

-Akhilesh B.K.

Sujith Kumar C.S
Honored Contributor

It is Exam HP0-M51  - HP BSM Network Node Manager i 9.x Software. Check here http://h10120.www1.hp.com/certification/view_certifications.html

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
abcf
Regular Advisor

Hi pls tell me the details for HP BSM m45 certitication

thanks
TheMasster
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ankita,

You can find the list of all attainable HPSW certifications is available on www.hp.com/expertone/view_certifications.html.

From the same page, you can lookup exams by code/name

By drilling down to a specific  credential, you’ll find prerequisites (if any), recommended training(s) and exam preparation guide (it encompasses exam details, content and additional references).

Alternatively, partial info can be found the in the career certification path document available on http://h10120.www1.hp.com/expertone/certification_paths.html .

Clearing HP0-M45 will grant you the HP AIS - BSM Platform and End User Management v9 (http://www.certificationexplorer.com/default-searchLand.aspx#/ViewCertification?certificationId=AIS-BSMEUMv9X1)