108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Press eBooks and Adobe Digital Edition

SOLVED
Go to solution
mjsmith11
Occasional Advisor

HP Press eBooks and Adobe Digital Edition

I am unable to access the books I purchased from HP Press. The only option is to use an unsupported software called "Adobe Digital Edition."  There is no support from Adobe for this software. I would rather own a real book anyways. The books I purchaeed from HP Press are only available in digiatl format as an "eBook" and the only way to read the HP Press eBooks is through Adobe Digital Edition.

I tried everything. There is no support and I can find.

I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas. Does anyone else have this issue?

1. Only being able to access something through unsupported software
  2. No option for print editions.
  3. I already spent too much time on this.
  4. My purchase is intended to be a source of knowledge, instead of a series of frustrations.

I read the very worst reviews about "Adobe Digital Edition" and I do not know why people whose professional careers depend on this information have to deal with this.

I never heard of anything like this from any other digital reading format.

5 REPLIES 5
karlkovacs
HPE Pro

eBook Download and Sync Instructions

HP Press eBooks require the use of Adobe┬о Digital Editions (ADE). If this is your first time using Adobe Digital Editions, you must first authorize the eReader before downloading books. Click here to download Adobe ADE for free.

Read the full article here

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs
mjsmith11
Occasional Advisor

I have downloaded and authorized Adobe Digital Edition. I tried versions 2, 3, and 4. I can read the free eBooks from HP Press no problem. The only books I am unable to read are the 3 that I paid for. The only purpose I have Adobe Digital Edition is to read eBooks published by HP Press. When I tired to resolve this issue, I learend that many other people share the same or similar issues as me. The reviews on CNet and other respectable site are accurate.  I can access the books on my home computer so if I stay up late or get up early, I can read the books.

There is zero support from Adobe. The only thing they have is a discussion board for Adobe Digital Edition and they do not respond to the posts.

I paid for information, books, and I am unable to access that information on my Windows 7 computer.

I understand the need to protect copyrighted material.

I can not access the books I paid for and there is not a single avenue of support for this issue.

karlkovacs
HPE Pro

We thank you for your post and we are sorry that your experience with an eBook was not as expected. We do strive to deliver great content in a great format, as well as to protect the intellectual property of the content.We understand how important these books are for you and want you to have a great experience and success. HP Press should be your main contact partner for any question or issue you encounter. We provide one-to-one customer support to help you with install or usage. Reach out to us any time adehelp@epac.com and expect a prompt reply. We have thousands of happy users on HP Press and we want you to be one of them. See you soon on HP Press. 

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs
mjsmith11
Occasional Advisor
Solution

I solved it!!! Here is what I did - During lunch,  I copied the Digital Editions folder and subfolders from my Mac at home onto a thumb drive. Then, after returning to the office after lunch,  I copied the contents of the folder and sub folders on my thumb drive into the "My Digital Editions" folder and apropiate subfolders. It worked!!! I am so happy.

I must say that I really apreciate HP Press and when I reached out to them about this issue, they sincerely tried to help.

To me it is like this - the books are so good that not being able to access them made me feel frustrated. I knew there had to be a way to get them to open and all I needed to do is figure out how. So "sneaker net" is the solution.

karlkovacs
HPE Pro

great news! I will add this to the knowledge base.

Thank you the contribution.

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs