New Discussion

Re: HP0-M49 Certification Clarification

SOLVED
Go to solution
vivekbsccs
Occasional Contributor

HP0-M49 Certification Clarification

Hi,

I would like to do HP0-M49 certification.

IT is mentioned as virtual user generator 11.x

I want to know whether the certification is for vugen 11.0 or 11.5 the latest  version.

Kindly clarify please

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Vivek

8 REPLIES 8
karlkovacs
HPE Pro

11.5 supports HP0-M49

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs
vivekbsccs
Occasional Contributor

Hi Karl,

Thank you,

But I have query if i register for HP0-M49 certification

I will be taking up the vugen 11.5 certification right?

(or )

It is like I have a option to choose either 11.0 or 11.5?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek

karlkovacs
HPE Pro
Solution

Typically, the exam supports either version of the course. Also, when a new version of the training is available, they stop delivering the old class.

In your case, you would take 11.5.

I would recommend asking this question when you call to register for the class.

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs
vivekbsccs
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot Karl 

TheMasster
Frequent Advisor

HPSW certifications only relate to products major versions - and try to be (as much as possible) "minor version neutrals".

Hence:

If you hold an "HP ATP - Some Software Product vN" certification (where N is the major version), 

1. HPSW won't release a vN.M certification (M being a minor version) - expect rather a "HP ATP - Some Software Product vN+1" release.
  2. HPSW Education Services will progressively update the training and its name - from e.g "Some Software Product Essentials v N.00" to  "Some Software Product Essentials v N.M" to eventually  "Some Software Product Essentials vN.x". The .x suffix clarifies that the training targets multiple minor versions - as per the training Outline document.
  3. HPSW could introduce some (minor) changes to the exam, to replace obsolete/no more applicable questions and to better align the test content to the training that supports the exam
  4. Updates to the exam suggested by features and changes in a product minor version do NOT imply recertification needs, nor the release of a new/different certification.

MR25
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

what is the validity of the HP049 certificate exam?
and is there any timeframe in which we need to clear the HP0 M48 exam or it can be given any time, just wanted to make sure HP0 M49 exam dont get void
thanks

TheMasster
Frequent Advisor

HI MR25,

Correct, you need to clear BOTH HP0-M48 AND HP0-M49 to attain the HP AIS - Loadrunner v11(http://www.certificationexplorer.com/default-dev.html#/ViewCertification?certificationId=AIS-LR11X1)

There's no specific policy on the timeframe, YET:

Based on previous experience, here's my bet (nothing more than an attempt to guess what will happen - just a scenario) :

HP has just launched Apps 12

In second half of 2014 ExpertOne will likely (hopefully?) release an updated Loadrunner (v12) certification - and will announce that v11 goes inactive - (in average, 3 to 5 months later).

Inactive = Valid, but no longer available.

Your v11 certification will be valid and recognized until ExpertOne expires it - because the product and technology have changed significantly.

kiranspan
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I have completed HPO-M48 ( LR 11.x ) 2 years back and For some reasons I could not take HPO-M49.

Now, LR 12 is  running. would you suggest me to take HPO-M49 ( for LR 11.x) or please let me know if certifications for LR 12 is available... and which one I can take ( should I take similar M48 or we have different here )

regards,

Kiran