New Discussion

HP0-Y37 Migration & Troubleshooting exam outline and topics

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

HP0-Y37 Migration & Troubleshooting exam outline and topics

Hi,

Now that the HP0-Y37 exam has been made avaliable, where can I find some outline and topics on what its all about? The links to the courses on http://h10076.www1.hp.com/education/hpcp_prog_procurve.htm (HK660S and HK661S) are broken, and a google search just gives me Q&A, dumpsites etc which I dont want.

Regards

Fredrik

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

10 REPLIES 10
SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor

Re: HP0-Y37 Migration & Troubleshooting exam outline and topics

Hi Fredrik,

I am pursuing an answer to your question...I will post it here as soon as I can.
SeanaAtHP
SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor

Hi Fredrik,

I'm attaching the Exam Prep Guide for HP0-Y37 to this message.  I will add two additional messages each with a descriptive data sheet.

Please bookmark the following website:  www.hp.com/networking/training.  While it doesn't have info yet for this exam and certification, it should be updated in the next week or so.

Hope this helps!

SeanaAtHP
SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor
Solution

See the attached data sheet

SeanaAtHP
SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor

See attached data sheet

SeanaAtHP
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Thanks, much appreciated!

Regards,

Fredrik

---
CCIE Service Provider
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor

Hi Fredrik,

Just one more note; the pages on hp.com have been updated with current information...see:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/training/certifications/index.aspx?tab=tab_TechCert

Take care,

SeanaAtHP
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Hi Seana and thanks!

After reading about the upgrade paths on your link I've got one more question.

According to your link there are two upgrade paths;
One with the prerequisite of old MASE, H3CSE or CCIE R&S, where you need to do both HP0-Y32 and HP0-Y37.
One with the prerequisite of ASE Network Infrastructure 2011 -AND- Enterprise network PQ 2010 where you only need to do HP0-Y37.

Earlier I was told that as both a H3CSE- and Enterprise PQ 2010 holder I was able to do only the Y37 exam to become a new MASE without beeing ASE 2011 (I would indirectly earn the AIS and ASE 2011 status when passing MASE). This is also verified via the Upgrade path tool at http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/training/certifications/upgrade-path.aspx

Is this still the case, can I use all the prerequisite advantages of beeing both H3CSE and PQ 2010 holder and only do the Y37 exam?

Regards,
Fredrik

---
CCIE Service Provider
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor

Hi Fredrik,

I'm working on an answer to your question...will get back to you as soon as possible...
SeanaAtHP
SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor

Hi Fredrik,

There are multiple upgrade paths to achieve new HP Networking certifications, and the Networking Certification Upgrade Path brochure (http://h17007.www1.hp.com/docs/training/upgrade_4AA2-2763ENW.pdf )  shows all the options.   You did discover an error with our upgrade path tool posted to our HP Networking website, whereby the specific combination of certifications displayed incorrect results.  In effect, requirements of multiple upgrade paths cannot be combined.  We are working to correct that error immediately. 

There are two possible upgrade paths you can take.  I believe the best option for you is to follow the upgrade path for H3CSE and take exams Y32 and Y37.

I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience.  I appreciate your interest in HP Networking and wish you success in achieving your certification.

Best regards,

SeanaAtHP