My Learning Certification
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head in the Cloud and Feet on the Ground

CertDoctor

It’s a natural progression—our careers (and lives) start with a cloudy focus and a foot-on-the-ground novice perspective.  As we learn and grow, we see the need to adopt wider and deeper perspectives and capabilities.

Interesting parallels emerge for me between my background and the new HP ExpertONE certifications for HP CloudSystems announced today.

I started out teaching writing at a small community college in Eastern Oregon; but I didn’t stay there.  Not that it was a bad place to be, I just needed to learn more, do more, and expand my professional expertise.

So, how does this relate to HP Cloud / HP ExpertONE announcement?

Just as I had to learn more and do more in order to expand my expertise, so too do today’s IT professionals.  IT vendor certification programs that served the industry well over the last 30 years will not meet today’s accelerated demand for in-depth IT skills across multiple technologies.  Today’s HP Cloud announcement demonstrates how HP ExpertONE is addressing the IT skills gap, building knowledge and expertise on both the technical and business levels.

HP’s expanded certification portfolio enables IT professionals to gain hands-on experience and knowledge across the cloud technology spectrum. Further, the certifications develop business skills to align cloud projects with organizational goals, reducing operational risks that can result from oversights in architecture design and project execution. 

So while our heads may be in the Cloud, it’s always easier to run in the right direction when your feet are on the ground!

In addition to the broader and deeper certification portfolio, there is now also an extended infrastructure of global delivery options.  These delivery capabilities include an expanded learning partner channel, a new academic program with certification curriculum, and an HP-branded line of self study materials and text books.  Check out the details – how do these expanded skilling opportunities work for you?

Cert Doctor
0 Kudos
About the Author

CertDoctor

Rebekah leads the Global Product Development team for the HP ExpertOne program and has an extensive background in training and human performance improvement. In addition to her work experience, Rebekah earned her Ph.D. in Education with a specialization in Training and Performance Improvement in 2006.

Labels
Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more