108722 Solutions
New Discussion

How to become an HP certified technician

SOLVED
Go to solution
rrmcmillan
Occasional Visitor

How to become an HP certified technician

I have looked over the web for a bit, then thought it best to come to the source.

I have been a computer tech for 22 years now and I have my own shop. I am trying to find out what is required to become and HP authorized technician.

I have experience repairing laptops, desktops, and servers. I also have experience building desktops, servers, gaming systems and graphics workstations.

Where do I begin looking to start the process of becoming certified as an HP Tech?

11 REPLIES 11
karlkovacs
HPE Pro

Re: How to become an HP certified technician

There are two steps in this process.

1. Training

2. Partner Authorization

Training

You can access the training here: http://certification-learning.hpe.com/tr/get_started.html

Depending on what you want to do, there are certifications ranging from printers, laptops and desktops to networking, storage and servers (to name a few).

For a complete list of certifications and associated courses and exams, visit http://www.certificationexplorer.com

Partner Authorization

You can apply to become a parter by clicking on this link. HPE Service Provider Programs

There are two different partner designations that you can apply for:

Authorized Service Delivery Partner (ASDP) - Partner is enabled to provide HP authorized service delivery for HP Care Pack services on HP hardware products, in accordance with the certifications of their technicians, to include first-call handling, remote resolution and final on-site remedial repair or replacement (as applicable or necessary). Customers purchasing HP Care Pack services from an ASDP will experience the combination of vendor-branded support services delivered by their trusted local reseller.

Authorized Warranty Delivery Partner (AWDP) - Partner is enabled to provide HP authorized warranty service delivery on HP hardware products, in accordance with the certifications of their technicians, to include first-call handling, remote resolution and final on-site remedial repair or replacement (as applicable or necessary). Partner is also assisted with the infrastructure necessary (HP parts/assemblies, servicing information) to offer post-warranty hardware support services under their own brand. 

If you still have questions, please post your questions and I will get back to you ASAP.

Karl Kovacs

I am an HPE employee

@HP_MyLearning

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs
rrmcmillan
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Very Much Appreciated. This gives me a good starting point.

garturo

i want to get certified has an hp technician what are some of the first steps that i need to do?

karlkovacs
HPE Pro

Read my post at the bottom of this thread. 

If you still have questions, please post your response to this thread.

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs
lpowelljr

I want to become an Authorized Warranty Delivery Partner. I understand that in order to do so you have to first get partner authorization, however, according to the website, to get the training you need the partner authorization before training. Is there a work-around for this?

Renegadr
Occasional Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue when I am trying to access the HP Portal.

Under "Login and Certify" -> Asia-Pacific 

I receive the error:

You are not authorized to login to HP Partner Portal. Either your user ID or password is incorrect, or your account is inactive

I have already setup my account as per the instructions, so how can I train on a portal that won't let me access?

I have also tried resetting my password and I can confirm that the password is indeed correct. 

I have also tried logging in with my email address and my user ID, same issue. 

karlkovacs
HPE Pro

I recommend you reach out to our regional support team for assistance.

http://h10120.www1.hp.com/ExpertOne/ExpertOne_contact-APJ.html

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs
mheupel

i cant find info anywhere on this ,  i hit links it goes to HP sales brocures   etc...    Is there a clear and concise link to finding out how to do this ?    Anybody's help is much appreciated on this .    Does HP still offer Hardware certifications or Qualifications ? 

Thanks !

SarahA
Valued Contributor

Hi mheupel,

Just some clarification... remember that HP Inc and Hewlett Packard Enterprise are two separate companies. If you are looking for certifications for Hewlett Packard Enterprise you are in the right place. If you are looking for HP Inc certifications you are not. 

You can find more information about the HP Partner First program here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/hp-partner-first/overview.html

If you want to get certified on Hewlett Packard Enterprise products and solutions, please visit the HPE Partner Ready Certification and Learning website

Hope this helps.