Advancing Life & Work
1748166 Members
3730 Online
108758 Solutions
New Article
SarahA

Kraków based Master ASE, Rafał Skóra, got his start on the Commodore 64

The Mastermind profile for October features Rafał Skóra, from Kraków, Poland.

RafalSkoraMM.png

Name: Rafał Skóra

Employer: MEGATEL Sp. z o.o. Sp. K.
Title/Role: Senior IT Project Manager

Education: 
Cracow University of Technology
Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Master of Science, Engineer
The Warsaw School of Economics
Faculty of IT Management

LinkedIn Profile:  Rafał Skóra

Certifications:

How did you get started? 

“I started my journey with the Commodore 64. Back then, I focused all my energy on programming and the Internet. IT very quickly became my passion, and now it is also my work.

I started my career as a Junior System Administrator in a small hosting company. Then I evolved from HPE Hardware System Integrator to full time Senior Project Manager.

Now I`m responsible for managing complex HPC integration projects based on HPE hardware and software.

See more at: http://sqra.eu

What is your favorite HPE technology? 

“Currently, I`m working with the HPE Apollo Server Series (mainly Apollo 4000 and 6000 Server Series) and HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage Arrays.

“The Apollo Server Series is the best choice for clients looking for high density solutions not only for application workloads but also for storage solutions using CEPH or Scality Software. I like this line of servers for meeting all these requirements in one portfolio, which makes it easier to manage, install and deliver complex solutions based on one platform, lowering my clients total cost of ownership.

“I like HPE 3PAR for its performance and security. I tell my clients that the 4-controller HPE 3PAR AFA Array is a must have.”

Any interesting customer stories you would like to share? 

“Our client was looking for a solution that delivered unmatched performance with excellent data security and very high SLA requirements. We manage to meet all their criteria by delivering and installing two HPE 3PAR 8400 AFA All-Flash arrays in their Data Centers.

“Knowledge from HPE MASE Storage preparation courses and certification was very handy and let me design and highlight all HPE 3PAR architecture advantages compared to other solutions and vendors.

“It also let me speak directly to the client’s Storage Architect and understand his needs and address his concerns.”

What are the benefits of being a Master ASE?

“For me, being certified as an HPE Master ASE is a requirement. Working at MEGATEL Company (HPE Gold Partner) which is an “only HPE” integrator, I need to understand small, big, and complex IT architectures. As I talk with clients on a daily basis I need to align not only with their business needs, but I also need to understand and address the needs of my clients’ IT Administrators and IT Architects.

“Being recognized as an HPE Master ASE certified professional provide my clients with the confidence that the architecture delivered will meet all HPE and IT industry best practices and policies. Clients know they are dealing with highly qualified experts.”

Any tips for others interested in HPE certifications? 

“If you are working for a VAR or a System Integrator who is a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Partner, HPE certifications are a must have.

“HPE certifications help you easily communicate to your co-workers and clients general IT technology trends and specifically HPE hardware and software solutions that address those trends.

“Achieving HPE Master ASE certification level is quite a nice distinction, placing you in small group of really experienced Engineers.”

As a Master ASE, you will be recognized as having reached the pinnacle in HPE Certifications. Customers will rely on you to bring rich technical skills to design and implement their most complex solutions. You’ll also see personal and business rewards while being able to network and share with one of the most exclusive teams in the industry.

About the Author

SarahA

I’ve been in marketing in high-tech for 20+ years.