Advancing Life & Work
1745798 Members
3422 Online
108722 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
Alex_Katsila

Re: Mastermind May: Meet double Master ASE Wendy Paine from Logicallis UK

Meet HPE Mastermind: Wendy Paine

Wendy PaineWendy PaineCompany: Logicalis UK Ltd.

Title/Role: Lead Delivery Consultant

Education: University of North London

LinkedIn Profile: Wendy Paine

Certifications:

HPE Master ASE - Storage Solutions Architect V2

HPE Master ASE - Advanced Server Solutions Architect V3

How did you get started? 
โ€œMy grandma worked in the โ€˜ITโ€™ department at GEC Marconi back in the 60โ€™s & 70โ€™s handling the tape reels, punch tapes, performing backups etc. and I became fascinated by it all. So much so, I remember being on a school trip at the age of 10 and being asked what I wanted to be when I grew upโ€ฆ to which I replied, โ€˜I want to be a systems analystโ€™ (I then had to explain what one was)!

โ€œI began my career as a tester at Marconi software, where I gained an understanding of cause and effect; which has proven invaluable in my current work.

โ€œI then started as an accounts clerk, and had the opportunity to move into a support engineer role, where I met and worked with some of the people I work with now 20 years later. I moved into server and storage support, and now consultancy, design and build.

โ€œThe most satisfying part of my job is taking the customerโ€™s business needs and issues, designing a solution to meet their requirements, and bringing it into production.โ€

What is your favorite HPE technology? 
โ€œMy heart has always been in backup and disaster recovery (I blame my grandma for that). I like the feeling that when things go wrong, your solution can get the customerโ€™s data and sometimes their business back.  So my favorite technology Iโ€™d say is HPE StoreOnce, and the ever growing integrations into HPE Storage and application plug-ins, providing direct backup and recovery.

โ€œHowever, the speed and flexibility of HPE Synergy, HPE Composable Infrastructure and Hyper Converged is super exciting!"

Any interesting customer stories you would like to share?
โ€œA customer had a corrupt database on a tier one business application. During the restore process, my knowledge of the infrastructure (server, storage and network) allowed me to realize very early on in the restore process that there was an issue with the restore throughput, and identify the root cause.

โ€œThis knowledge allowed me to guide my customer toward the best and most efficient course of action, and to get their business back up and running in the shortest time.

โ€œThe solution comprised of HPE Data Protector, HPE StoreOnce with catalyst and HPE StoreEver libraries. The customer ran 1200 backups per day and backed up over 100TB per night and replicated all of this off site.โ€

What are the benefits of being a Master ASE?
โ€œThe  HPE Partner Ready Certification and Learning for ATP, ASE, and Master ASE provides a foundation for knowledge and continually builds on that knowledge. It takes classroom learning and combines that with practical knowledge and experience, to provide not only theoretical knowledge, but the all-important hands on know-how.

โ€œA Master ASE certification provides customers with the security that they are working with an individual that has the required knowledge and experience required to design and build complex solutions.

โ€œThe Master ASE community is a very close one, and many times if you experience an issue you can call on the community for help. So the customer isnโ€™t getting one consultant solving issues, they have the combined knowledge of many.โ€

What's your tip for other women interested in technology and earning HPE certifications?
โ€œDo it!"

โ€œIf you are interested in technology, working through the HPE certification program will provide you with the knowledge, and peer support you need to grow in what is a fast moving industry. Not only will you gain an industry recognized certification, you will gain all important knowledge and experience, to meet your customers needs.โ€

As a Master ASE, you will be recognized as having reached the pinnacle in HPE Certifications. Customers will rely on you to bring rich technical skills to design and implement their most complex solutions. Youโ€™ll also see personal and business rewards while being able to network and share with one of the most exclusive teams in the industry.

Follow me on Twitter @ Alex_kats
0 Kudos
About the Author

Alex_Katsila

Iโ€™m an Activation Lead and working in the IT industry for almost 10 years now. I love Instagram, blogging and sharing fascinating stories about our HPE sales, presales and channel partners.

Comments
Matt Latter

Well done Wendy - You are a real credit to Logicalis and the HPE Master ASE program and 'brand'