108723 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
Alex_Katsila

Re: Mastermind May profile: Stephan Voss from Hesse, Germany

Mastermind Profile

mastermind-stephan-vossinal.pngName: Stephan Voss

Company: SVITC

Title/Role:  Senior Architect

Education: University of Applied Sciences Wiesbaden, Special field Electrical Engineering (undergraduate)

LinkedIn Profile: Stephan Voss

HPE Community Profile: Stephan.

Certifications:

How did you get started? 
"I took my first course of assembly programming at the age of 12. I always had an interest in IT but I followed this path, after my career as an electrician. At that time, IT was such a promising and interesting field that I became one of the typical career changers and found employment at an HP Partner, where I started to develop my skills in Storage and Computing."

What do you see the benefits of being a Master ASE?
"In my opinion, in addition to being highly respected by customers and peers and within the HPE organization, one of the biggest benefits is the great community. There are many highly knowledgeable and helpful people who are willing to share their experience and knowledge. Attending one of the MASE events is like a big family with members from all over the world. This experience gives you the chance to learn in addition to session the country-specific technical views and solutions and broaden your knowledge even more."

What is your favourite HPE technology?
"This is a tough one; I need to pick more than one. My favorite operating system in general is HP-UX for its great analytics and troubleshooting capabilities. My favorite storage solution among many others is probably 3PAR. It is a great overall solution with great and useful software features. Additionally, HPE StoreOnce should be mentioned as well because of the possibility and flexibility it delivers. At the application layer, my personal favorite is Data Protector because of the huge coverage of clients and applications, which makes it a perfect fit in a heterogeneous environment."

Any interesting customer stories you would like to share?
"Many years ago, a customer had some ridiculously high performance requirements for an SAP system. The PoC was done off-site using an HP Superdome and a brand new direct connected EVA system. The production environment had Superdomeโ€™s and Fibre Channel connected XP arrays and the performance numbers could not be reached. We had to optimize a lot of parameters within the operating system, change the filesystem layout, and use eight Fibre Channel ports in two I/O cages exclusively connected to eight CHIP ports on the XP array to achieve the performance required. I learned the techniques necessary to perform this optimization from the HPE trainings and the knowledge exchange within the community."

What's your tip for others interested in HPE certifications?
"Join the HPE Certification and Learning community to develop your knowledge and skills and gain insight into the real-world customer experience. Before you get started with certifications, you can gain an advantage by reading the available white papers and other documentation that, in addition to your hands-on experience, will help you pass the certification exams. Move your way up over time within the program to benefit from the value of the highest certifications."

As a Master ASE, you will be recognized as having reached the pinnacle in HPE Certifications. Customers will rely on you to bring rich technical skills to design and implement their most complex solutions. Youโ€™ll also see personal and business rewards while being able to network and share with one of the most exclusive teams in the industry.

Follow me on Twitter @ Alex_kats
About the Author

Alex_Katsila

Iโ€™m an Activation Lead and working in the IT industry for almost 10 years now. I love Instagram, blogging and sharing fascinating stories about our HPE sales, presales and channel partners.

Comments

Stephan frequently helps us build our certification courses and is involved as a subject matter expert in many of our exam and competency modeling workshops.  Many of the Master ASEs are involved in these helpful activities.