Advancing Life & Work
1745796 Members
3725 Online
108722 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
Alex_Katsila

Re: Meet Barcelona, Spain based HPE Mastermind Georgios Mavrovitis

Georgios is the first HPE employee featured in our Mastermind blog series. Learn how HPE Master ASE certifications are similar to an object storage and why it feels great to be certified from an enterprise technology leader.

Georgios MavrovitisGeorgios Mavrovitis

Name: Georgios Mavrovitis

Employer: Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Title/Role: Presales Consultant

Education: Master - Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)

LinkedIn Profile:  Georgios Mavrovitis

Certifications:

How did you get started? 
"To be honest, it was not something I planned. After my Masterโ€™s degree and working on a non-IT Sales Position I came across the HP Graduate Program which gave me the chance to work in different IT Sales positions. Since my background was more technical, I always had the will to learn more in depth about our solutions and I was lucky enough to come across a Presales Position that helped me move towards this path."

What do you see the benefits of being a Master ASE?
"Well, I would say that the Master ASE certification is like an object storage. On the job, you get a lot of unstructured data and being a Master ASE helps you to turn them into structured. Everyone knows that the HPE portfolio is massive, but with the Master ASE certification, you gain a better understanding and more in-depth knowledge on the Storage portfolio. You can address any customerโ€™s pain points/needs and learn all the tools that can help you build the optimal solution."

What is your favorite HPE technology?
"That is a tricky question because the first thing that comes to mind is 3PAR and 3PAR. We have a great product and a good story to tell. Moreover, I love the feedback I get from our customers. It is the best-in-class solution with a lot of benefits and architectural/technological advantages. On the other hand, I am very excited with the recent acquisitions (thatโ€™s why I said tricky). By adding SimpliVity and Nimble solutions to our portfolio, it will strengthen our position in the market. HPEโ€™s strategy seems strong and solid and it has now started to get a shape. To conclude, 3PAR is the obvious answer, but the future is bright, and I am looking forward to the addition of the new technologies."

Any interesting customer stories you would like to share?
"We had a customer last year who had a complex environment with different workloads, a few unexpected performance peaks and a requirement for simple and easy management. At the beginning, he was convinced that a Hyper-Converged solution would be a good fit so we were competing against major HC vendors. Even if we managed to explain the benefits of the StoreVirtual in an HC solution and the flexibility he could get from expansion and replication perspective, we were the ones that we were not convinced with this approach. After thorough analysis, we identified the possibility to consolidate all the existing Storage Arrays onto one All-Flash 3PAR solution, and replace his mix of Rack and Tower Servers with a scalable Blade Solution. And, of course, everything managed through HPE OneView. They were impressed with this approach due to the flexibility, scalability and the reduced TCO. This was a case where we became a trusted advisor and the right technology fit for a happy customer."

What's your tip for others interested in HPE certifications?
"HPE Certifications is the best way to test your knowledge. You can check your potential knowledge gaps, study and get certified. There are only benefits from this program. Firstly, as an individual, you will officially certify your expertise, secondly, it might help you in your future career steps, and last but not least, it feels great to be certified from an enterprise technology leader."  

As a Master ASE, you will be recognized as having reached the pinnacle in HPE Certifications. Customers will rely on you to bring rich technical skills to design and implement their most complex solutions. Youโ€™ll also see personal and business rewards while being able to network and share with one of the most exclusive teams in the industry.

Follow me on Twitter @ Alex_kats
About the Author

Alex_Katsila

Iโ€™m an Activation Lead and working in the IT industry for almost 10 years now. I love Instagram, blogging and sharing fascinating stories about our HPE sales, presales and channel partners.

Comments
Konstantinos Lillis

Congratulations George!!! Wishing you the best!!

Anonymous

Congragulations George!!!!!

Beriot Baptiste

Amazing Gege!
Thank you for your help, always available, always the right advice, and the right solution to propose to the customer. I Which you the best!