Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet our July Mastermind: Mark Salomon from München, Germany

Alex_Katsila

Name:  Mark Salomon

Company: ACP IT Solutions AG

Title/Role: Solution Architect & Team Lead Data Center Solutions

Education: Dipl. Ing. (Electrical Engineering & Tech. Informatic)

LinkedIn Profile: Mark Salomon

HPE Community profile: Mark Salomon

Mark Salomon.png

Certifications:

How did you get started? 

"I started my professional career as an electrician, inspired by my father, my passion regarding the 80s and 90s computer technology and to understand the underlying technology from its root. Then I decided that it`s time for evolution and moved forward into the IT industry in 1999, collected my university-entrance diploma and proceeded to my university degree as a graduate engineer / electrical engineering and computer science. And then, during my first university internship, I touched my first HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array 5000!"

What do you see the benefits of being a Master ASE?

"The Master ASE is recognized and valued by colleagues, managers and especially customers. It reflects years of deep experience and an intense familiarity and connection to HPE top-notch products.

Other vendors tend quite often to have a dominating percentage of webinars and web-based trainings including easy and cheesy certification tests, which is resulting in an even lower perception of their quality and qualifications.

Acquiring the Master ASE is not an easy giveaway; it requires dedication, commitment, and several steps are involved. These steps are reflecting all aspects of the presales cycle and marketing view but are even more focused on the products itself, advanced strategies, a solution-oriented view and realistic implementations. This is widely known and is strengthening the perception of the HPE Master ASE certification."

What is your favorite HPE technology?

"Prior to the Nimble acquisition, I would say definitively the HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Now I can honestly not decide. They both provide a superior design, performance, reliability and usability and an Integration to Veeam. Both are absolute flexible and scalable solutions, which can solve more customer challenges in one array than other arrays. When I think about the possibilities which can be created merging these technologies (e.g. 3PAR, Nimble Storage Infosight, and Simplivity), I’m more than excited what the future with HPE will bring."

Any interesting customer stories you would like to share?

"A customer requested us to migrate his mirrored datacenter from old buildings into two new data centers without any downtime or impacts to production. This included a large vSphere Farm, an All-Flash SAP Environment, and HPUX Clusters. The knowledge for HPE technology and products, my confidence in the used HPE 3PAR and the technology itself enabled me to perform this job without any issues, making it a relaxed job."

What's your tip for others interested in HPE certifications?

"Bite yourself through the marketing-oriented low-level certifications and reach the top level, there you will find your answers."

As a Master ASE, you will be recognized as having reached the pinnacle in HPE Certifications. Customers will rely on you to bring rich technical skills to design and implement their most complex solutions. You’ll also see personal and business rewards while being able to network and share with one of the most exclusive teams in the industry.

Follow me on Twitter @ Alex_kats
About the Author

Alex_Katsila

I’ve been in marketing in IT for more than 7 years now. I love sharing fascinating stories about our partners and my colleagues!

Labels
Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more