Advancing Life & Work
1748165 Members
3767 Online
108758 Solutions
New Article
Alex_Katsila

Meet our June Mastermind Ratan Dargan from New Delhi, India

Meet this Mastermind behind ThoughtSol Infotech Pvt. Ltd. and learn how from a traditional HP-UX fan turned ino Synergy and ClearPass solutions and now he bets all his money into High Performance Computing & Aruba.

Name:  Ratan Dargan
Company: ThoughtSol Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
Title/Role: New Delhi, India
Education: BE (Computer Science & Engineering)
LinkedIn Profile: Ratan Dargan
HPE Community profile: rdargn

Certifications:

June Mastermind: Ratan DarganJune Mastermind: Ratan Dargan

HPE Master ASE – Storage Solutions Architect V3
HPE Master ASE – FlexNetwork Solutions V2
Professional – Aruba Certified Design Professional (ACDP)
Associate – Aruba Certified Switching Associate (ACSA)
HPE Sales Certified – Aruba Products and Solutions
HPE ASE – Data Center Network Architect V1
HP ASE – FlexNetwork Architect V2
HPE ASE – Storage Solutions Architect V2
HPE ASE – Storage Solutions Architect V3
HP ATP – FlexNetwork Solutions V3
HPE ATP – Storage Solutions V2
HPE ATP – Storage Solutions V3
HPE Product Certified – Nimble Solutions [2018]
HPE Product Certified – OneView [2016]
HPE Product Certified – Synergy Solutions [2016]
HPE Sales Certified – Edge-to-Cloud Solutions [2021]
HPE Sales Certified – Hybrid IT Solutions [2019]
HPE Sales Certified – Hybrid Cloud Solutions [2020]

How did you get started? 
"As an Engineering Graduate,  I began my career as a Solution Architect providing hardware support & solution on HP & Compaq product portfolio. These were my first steps in the world of IT following college. After working for more than 20 Years in the Infrastructure Technology Solutions design and deployment space,  I co-founded ThoughtSol Infotech. In my current position as Director – Technology Solutions, I work closely with our customers in designing & deploying Data Centre Infrastructure Solutions ranging from Data Centre Transformation, Server Virtualization, Storage Optimization, Data Protection, Network & Security Solution and Unified Communication. On top of this,  I co-operate with our team of Pre-Sales & Technology Consultants in delivering the best solutions for our customers."

What do you see the benefits of being a Master ASE?
"My Master ASE certification provides the knowledge & expertise to become the trusted consultant for providing the best solutions to meet our customer needs.  The fact that we are Master ASEs  helps us gain the customer confidence that they are in right hands and they are dealing with subject matter experts. Additionally, it gives us the advantage that the proposed solution and the approach to the implementation of the project are implementing the industry best practice and they do not only help them to address their immediate challenge but also their future needs."

What is your favourite HPE technology?
"For a long time, I was a traditional Unix fan and hence HP-UX was my favorite product. However with the change in technology and the way its getting adopted, I branched into Linux, Storage, High Performance Computing and HPE Flex Network. From the current HPE Product & Solutions portfolio, HPE Synergy and the ClearPass Policy Manager from Aruba stack are two solutions sets where I would like to bet my money on as these are two solutions which will help our customer to stand out in this highly competitive environment by reducing the time to market and giving strong policy based access to their network."

Any interesting customer stories you would like to share?
"I remember a customer case, where he had very strict performance and response time requirements for their SAN storage attached to their VMware Host. They were using IBM V7100 storage which was 5 years old however the host which they were using was DL380Gen9 & DL360 Gen9 Server which were still in the warranty maintenance. Although we discussed the HPE Hyper Converged 380 Solution with the customer,  we went ahead with HPE 3PAR 8200 as the replacement of existing IBM V7100 and by making use of the HPE 3PAR Data Optimization and the HPE 3PAR Adaptive Flash Cache. Those features enhanced the utilization of the storage by providing Autonomic Storage Tearing, Dynamic Data Mobility, and Controller Cache Extension meeting the customer’s expectations as the overall storage performance increased dramatically and the response time was reduced."

What's your tip for others interested in HPE certifications?
"Being an HPE Partner I would recommend that any individual from the partner community wants to go for an HPE Certification should visit HPE Partner Ready Portal and identify the area of interest where he would like to become the Subject Matter Expert in. He will find plenty of information available. Additionally, a visit at the HPE Press website is a must: you can purchase the books and study guides according to the HPE certification you want to achieve. The material, content, and explanation of the IT subjects within these books will help each one to study easily, get the required knowledge, improve your skills and get certified."

As a Master ASE, you will be recognized as having reached the pinnacle in HPE Certifications. Customers will rely on you to bring rich technical skills to design and implement their most complex solutions. You’ll also see personal and business rewards while being able to network and share with one of the most exclusive teams in the industry.

Follow me on Twitter @ Alex_kats
0 Kudos
About the Author

Alex_Katsila

I’m an Activation Lead and working in the IT industry for almost 10 years now. I love Instagram, blogging and sharing fascinating stories about our HPE sales, presales and channel partners.