My Learning Certification
1752577 Members
4648 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: My 'HP Solutions Architects' thread deleted???

g3jza
Esteemed Contributor

My 'HP Solutions Architects' thread deleted???

Hi,
I've posted a new thread about career path of becoming a solutions architect yesterday. I know that it is not exactly an HP-UX -> training & education topic, but at least you could notify me of inappropriate question and point me to more suitable sub-forum, before deleting my post!
Thank you!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Training & Education to HP ExpertOne Certification Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Manix
Honored Contributor

Hello Friend,

Sorry to hear that your thread got deleted.

I would say as much i know ,that to become
a solution architect you need a good over view about the complete customer requirement and solution not just HP-UX CSA CSE or specialization like MCSG Virtualization,networking (HP0-P19/18 /17 ) would do alone.

You require good knowledge from SAN as well as from OS side backed up with some HW architectural skills as well for big servers & domes.
And this will come with work -ex as we all do.

Look at the forum profile of the top contributors ,there points are spread across
various fields.

Hope this will help !!

There are senior members to say more.

Thanks & Regards

Manix
HP-UX been always lovable - Mani Kalra
g3jza
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you.

I look at the Solutions architect as a person responsible for designing the entire solution for the customer, am I right? Meaning that the customer would like to achieve some goals and the architect should be looking at the problem from different views (Hardware, Software-what applications, Networking, SAN-Storage....) and should come up with a final solution encompassing all these aspects/views, right?

Isn't it also a little bit of a 'Trade'/businness position? I mean if the architect should posses some inter-personal skills which he needs in business to persuade potential customers that his solution is better than for example the solutions from HP's competition like IBM/Oracle?

I've looked at the Expert One certifications from HP, and there is an education program/certificate called APP (Accredited Presales Professional) in field "Planning and Designing HP Enterprise Solutions". I was just wondering whether somebody completed this certificate. I know that working experience is the most important to apply for a position of Solutions architect, but won't employers generally prefer employees with at least a basic certificate? I mean, how do you get that experience to become some junior solutions architect, if these are the things(architecting) that normally any system administrator/engineer hardly gains?

I'm working as a systems administrator (partly SAN and LAN) over a 3 years now on a big project, and I have access to all the infrastructure (servers, LAN infrastructure, SAN infrastructure, disk arrays,libraries...), being able to manage it adequately, but I start feeling that I can no longer improve myself in these things, you know, no new things I can learn, so Im thinking a bit about my next step in my career path...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts
Manix
Honored Contributor

It`s good to see that you have some good experience & exposure .

Yes the certifications would do as you mentioned about a advance one & of course the
additional technical skills followed by some
interpersonal & awareness of the market would
add to it.

This all comes with work-ex & time --)

Keep up the good work & go for diverse knowledge & awareness...keep going

Thanks & Regards
Manix
HP-UX been always lovable - Mani Kalra