My Learning Certification
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does a Cisco certification expert think about HP’s new networking certifications?

LyleAtHP

Wendell’s biography in Network World says he is CCIE No. 1624, and he has been writing and teaching about Cisco CCNA since its introduction in 1998, authoring Cisco Press CCNA Exam Certification Guides and  bestselling Cisco Press titles for CCNA, CCNP and CCIE R/S.

So here we were, a couple of HP people, telling Wendell that HP has new certifications covering networking products that compete against Cisco products. I didn’t know if we’d be shown the door, laughed at, dismissed, or actually listened to.

Wendell DID listen to our message and then took a deep dive into our new networking certifications to see how they compare to Cisco’s. Check out his comments for yourself...see Wendell’s article in Network World, “Upgrade Your Cisco Cert to an HP Cert,” at http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/upgrade-your-cisco-cert-hp-cert.

I appreciate Wendell’s open and honest assessment of HP networking certifications, especially in view of the fact that he makes his living from supporting Cisco certification. Given that he advises his loyal Cisco followers to use their Cisco certifications to springboard to an HP certification through HP’s fast track initiative, I assume he likes what he sees in the HP ExpertONE program.  Until next time,

Lyle

About the Author

LyleAtHP

With over 25 years of sales, channel management and business leadership in technology markets, Lyle Speirs leads demand generation and marketing of certification and learning solutions across the HP portfolio of product, services and solutions

Comments
John peter

I have read all the above and totally agree with your post. Nice and helpful information. 

Cisco Training Institute

Good to know about this new networking certification, keep sharing such good stuff being useful.

Labels
Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more