6162 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Caller ID on transfered Calls

Rockym
Advisor

Caller ID on transfered Calls

Hello,

Does this fix still work on a V3000 with R6.0.X code?

Solution ID:

3KB13975

NBX - Caller ID of Originating Party

Problem: Caller ID

Fact: Caller ID of Forwarding party

Fact: 3Com NBX V3000

Fact: SuperStack 3 NBX

Fact: NBX 100

Fact: Originating party

Fact: NBX R4_1

Fact: NBX R4_3

Cause: Before NBX R4_1_77 a call to an NBX system that was forwarded or transferred to an outgoing trunk contained the caller ID information of the Forwarding party not the originating party. In NBX R4_1_77 and later releases a call that is forwarded or transferred trunk to trunk contains the caller ID of the originating party. Some PSTNs do not connect calls unless the Caller ID matches the forwarding party telephones' ID. Customers who want to send the forwarding party Caller ID, must modify the nboss.cfg file. Refer to fix.

Fix:

FTP to the NBX

-enter your administrative name and password (minimum of 8 characters

- cd /dos0/R4_X_X

- Do a "get" of the NBoss.cfg file

-modify the NBoss.cfg file by adding the following flag to the bottom of the file and setting it to OFF

"Originating Caller ID = OFF

-save the file

-put the Nobss.cfg file back on the NBX

- Reboot the system to R4_X_XX

30 REPLIES 30
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: Caller ID on transfered Calls

You cnanot use R4.1.77 code on the V3000 . It started at R4.4.2 and is now shairng 6.0 code . Go into country / regional settings and advanced settings as there is a window you can change this parameter . I'll review the 3KB .

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

HI. You do not have to do that command. It is now in Netset.

Go to Country Settings/Regional Settings. Then click on the Advanced Regional Settings Tab. You will see the option "Send transferring partys caller id"

Hope this helps !

merlin_1
Super Advisor

I put this note in to reflect V3000 systems use 4.4 or higher and 6.0 location for this feature :

V3000 systems only operate on R4.4 code or higher . R6.0 code has this feature built into netset / country settings / regional settings /advanced regional settings

Forward and Transfer

This setting affects calls that are transferred or forwarded across NBX Digital Line Cards.

See Help for additional information.

maknbx_1
Frequent Advisor

Is it possibile to not work on Release 6_0_35 on V3001R?

I make change follow your STEP (on NetSet) but doesn't works.

I try to control on the NBOSS.CFG but i didn't find the command thet you describe.
Rockym
Advisor

Are regular transfered calls working or just not the Caller ID portion?

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

you should not have to go into nboss.cfg in order to change it. this was added to netset.

HI. You do not have to do that command. It is now in Netset.

Go to Country Settings/Regional Settings. Then click on the Advanced Regional Settings Tab. You will see the option "Send transferring partys caller id"

remember this works for digital line cards only, not analog line cards

maknbx_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for reply and the precision.

In effect i have the tep like PRI.

I try another way because have the problem on a customer but tomorrow i reply in a lab.
cwirth

I'm having a problem with the above fix, hopefully someone can help.

Running a V5000 on version R4_3_6, so I need to edit the nboss.cfg file as listed in the KB article. However, after adding the "Originating Caller ID = OFF flag to the bottom of the nboss.cfg file, uploading it back to the NBX and rebooting, trunk-to-trunk forwarded calls over our PRI are still trying to send the originating party's caller ID (I need to send the forwarding party's caller ID for the PSTN to accept the connection). I suspect there's something wrong with the syntax in the article (a typo, perhaps?). Here are the variations of the syntax I've tried:

"Originating Caller ID = OFF

Originating Caller ID = OFF

OriginatingCallerID=off

Any thoughts?

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

hi.. You have to be running 4.3.16 or higher version of 4.3 for this to work

the correct syntax is:

OriginatingCallerId=off

(no spaces)

hope this helps !!