1753770 Members
4779 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NBX Wav Files

raybrindley
Advisor

NBX Wav Files

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone else on here has a similar setup.

I have an NBX configured to send email notification to myself, which in turn is sent to my phone (activesync, exchange backend), could then listen to the messages on my phone.

Until recently this worked beautifully, setup on multiple customers. There has been no change to the phone system so i do not believe it will be the phone system more likely to be exchange or my mobile.

What happens now is i get an invalid media type when i receive the email. Even old emails appear to be doing this, so i think it is most likely to be the phone, has anyone else has this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

yes, what kind of mobile phone? you will need a plug in to play the wav files. Make sure it plays 8bit 16K Mono ADPCM

raybrindley
Advisor

The phone is an HTC windows mobile. I am almost certain that the files used to play without a plugin.

jlarson

First off I know this post is over a year old but this might be helpful to someone.

I too had the same issue and couldn't find any thing that would work consistantly on my Windows Moblie phone. I found this site vm2wm.com.

They take the WAV file and convert it to WMA or MP3 then send it to your email.

Best of all its free.