1748114 Members
3572 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: nbx v3001

JacksonW3
Advisor

nbx v3001

I have a recent v3001 that continues to lock up.

4 analog lines and 15 phones.

R6_0_63

Reboots fine however with any call activity or other usage web interface is sluggish and system locks up.

Looking for feedback if this sounds like a HDD issue.  Hate to replace and have it not correct problem.  They are expensive.

Recommendations on getting one at a reasonable price?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Jay53
Occasional Advisor

I had a similar issue on my NBX. It would lock up after being on for awhile. I added some memory to it. It takes Laptop SD Ram (pc-133 i think) so if you have an old laptop laying around you should take a stick out and throw it in your NBX and see if it works. from what i read on the forums it is due to a memory leak. I did this about a year ago and it has worked fine ever since. here is a link to the thread..

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/NBX/NBX-3000-Pingable-but-not-working/m-p/5774711#M3128

FYI mine also was an analog card using 3 lines. had even fewer phones though 4 0r 5 at the time. since then people have moved to a new building and it is down to 1 phone, but it is still there and still working.

JacksonW3
Advisor

Thank you, that makes perfect sense.  Had a similar problem with another small server.  Added memory to keep it up longer.  Atleast it only rebooted instead of locking up.  In the meantime I replaced the NBX to test and isolate issue.  I will test and monitor before making any changes.  Inside the chassis there's two places for memory.  Currently has a larger standard type stick and small open spot for the laptop type.  Any thoughts what the maximum memory is?  Thanks again for your thought and sharing it.

Jay53
Occasional Advisor

I am not sure what the maximum size in. My box is actually an NBX3000, so it only has the laptop sized memory. I installed 128mb in each of them and it works fine.

JacksonW3
Advisor

The V3001 took desktop memory, 512 and shows "memory upgrade installed".  After checking some V3000 the upgraded memory is 512.  Have had this unit running for days with no change in memory.  Will place back out in service and see what the results are.  Starting to think something else is going on at that location.

Jay53
Occasional Advisor

I'm not sure i understand. Are you saying you have recently upgraded the memory and it has been running for days with no issue since the upgrade? Either way, let me know what the results are. I am curious if this fixed your problem.