108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: offsite notifications and phantom mailboxes

SOLVED
Go to solution
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

If you go into x3519 voicemail, is it there?

seems system did not even try to send out the offsite notification.. check and make sure you have

something in both smtp domain and dns defined in the System Wide Settings.

greg24
Regular Advisor

Yes the VM was waiting for the user.

The system is setup correctly to send email notifications because I have gotten all of my notifications.  I have a real telephone and have been getting notifications since I setup the system to do so.  It seems that the phantoms mailboxes just can't be made to do this.  Strange.  I am running 6.5.22p03.  I saw that p05 was available.  Is that still the latest version?  Does anyone know what p04 and p05 fix?

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Logging or a network trace is the only way to get to the bottom of this . You need to see if the NBX is sending the msg to a server , and what the response is back form the server . without this info , we cannot see if its being sent at all ...

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

I would suggest one more test, creating a new telephone/user with a fake mac address.

Go into the Telephones page, click on Add, and creat a new extension and put in a fake mac address.

then go to users, set up the offsite notification, and see if that works... You should also initialize the voicemail first by going into a telephone, dialing 500**, then the extension number and set up the vm.

greg24
Regular Advisor

This user already has a fake mac address telephone assigned them.  I will try to get a network trace. 

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Mirror the NBX port on the switch and do a network trace . Then make a call ( no new messages in the mailbox ) and then review the trace for smtp traffic . Pretty simple to look at and see the messages between the NBX and the DNS / eXchange server and see why the message is not being sent or if it is being rejected . 

greg24
Regular Advisor
Solution

The problem is fixed.  There were a few different issues:

1.  You must Enable offsite notification for all messages for user which I already did.

2.  You must Enable offsite notification in NBX Messaging > Configure > Off Site Notification which I already did.

3.  You must also Enable offsite notification in User Configuration > Class of Service > COS Group in which the user is a member.  This I did not do.

Once I enabled Step 3 I tried leaving a VM for my test account that had a fake MAC address.  It didn't work.  I deleted the test account and the fake telephone.  I then created a new phantom mailbox and left a VM.  It still didn't work.  I tried various things for about an hour and go tired of the system saying "You have reached the mailbox for extension 3536.  After the tone please record a message......

So I setup the mailbox with a pin and a 1 second introduction.  I tried again and this time I received the email notification.

In short there are 3 places to enable notifications.  You must also setup VM for the account.  Then it works.

Thanks for everyones help.