Netservers
1748249 Members
3124 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

3 failed disk out of 6 on Netserver Ip 2000r

d.l.todd

3 failed disk out of 6 on Netserver Ip 2000r

I have a Netserver Ip 2000r server that won't boot. 3 drives (0,1,2) show as failed when I go into NetRAID Express tools. The drives are showing 17365 MB cap and no errors. Do I need to "rebuild" throught NetRAID Express and will I lose data if I rebuild the drives through NetRAID Express Tools?

Thanks,
D
2 REPLIES 2
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Re: 3 failed disk out of 6 on Netserver Ip 2000r

3 disks failed at the same time sounds like the disk backplane has an issue.
Try remove/reseating those disks.

Then try to put them online again in Netraid express tools, all three at the same time.
There is no way to rebuild 3 disks unless this happens to be a configuration with 3 disks mirrored (three raid1 arrays).

If this works, then verify the data and take a backup asap. It is the only way out with a potential data integrity risk, it depends on how the disks failed (in which order) but if they all failed at the same time, then there should be no data integrity issue , however would have to know the raid array configuration details for better judging that.

HTH

Kris
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

Re: 3 failed disk out of 6 on Netserver Ip 2000r

hi,

the disk may not have failed, but gone offline, for some reason or other.

before trying a rebuld which wouldnt work if its a radi 5 set, try and force th disks online

go into the netraid setup at bootup (control m) and then go into Object, Physical Drive and force them online.

reboot, and see what it reports then

Andy