4925 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Arcserve error: E6084 Drive hardware error - servo or sensor

David Howes

Paul,

I'm having a VERY similar problem.

My backups are failing with two other Arcserve errors but I found my DLT8000 drive also had a "Red X" over it in the "Computer Manager", enabling it in there didn't help and as with yours it still fails at around the 20% mark.

Did you happen to find a resolution for this problem?
Andrey_38
Advisor

I have the same problem with ARCServe 11.1 and HP 72x6 External Tapeloader (and HP DAT 72 tapedrive)

When job start Checking With CRC Value I received error on second tapes: Drive hardware error - servo or sensor [ABSL:2051 CMD:A5h]

Somebody know decision for this problem ?

Hardware: IBM xSeries 346
Adaptec SCSI Card 29320 ALP
External Tape Loader 72x6 in HP StorageWorks

Software: Windows 2000 Server SP4 + all winupdates
Brightstore ARCServe r.11.1 Build 3060
HP DAT 72├С 6 autoloader and HP DAT72 autoloader tape drive are disabled in Device Manager
Removable Storage Service is disabled.

greggers

I also have this problem with a compaq 110/220 SDLT drive. It always seems to get about 25 mb into the backup before disconnecting and giving this message.
J Berghuys

I think I can.
The problem is probably caused by the interface communication. Startup your server with Ctr-A to get into the Adaptec configuration. Then put al the adjustments to default and startup the server again. Load Arcserve Manager, go to device's click the storage recorder and if you can throw out your media by the menu, your problem is solved.
After you have done this you can fine tune your adaptec interface if that is necessary.
Wish you much luck
Jaap Berghuijs