7616 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BIOS update question

dong_1
Contributor

BIOS update question

hi everybody.
I have a HP LH 6000. I run netserver to config raid.But when I run "update firmware and BIOS". When reboot It has a error "firmware fail initation" and notice "no HP netraid adapter". I must what to do?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

Sounds like the firmware update failed. Try it again. If that doesn't help call HP.

BTW there are TWO different firmware versions for NetServer LH6000 because there are Ultra-2 (U2) and Ultra-3 (U3) models. Make sure that you use the correct firmware.
Jake ~zippo~
Frequent Advisor

Try to download the correct BIOS from following page:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=19774&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=74580&cc=us&swEnvOID=54#326

Extract it to a formatted floppy disk and start up the server from this disk to upgrade.
Freedom is offered to man and given to him as a task.
Mark Young_2
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

You will need to update the system BIOS to update the NetRAID BIOS, as the NetRAID adapter is integrated. To update the NetRAID firmware, you will need to download the NetRAID Integrated firmware. Which files you need to download for the BIOS and NetRAID firmware depend on your server. here is the link.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=19774&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=74580&cc=us&swEnvOID=54

Basically, there is a BIOS and Firmware for the U3 version and the U2 version of this server. To determine which version you have, look at your Product ID. If it ends in A, then it is U2. If it ends in a B, then it is U3.

For both the BIOS and NetRAID firmware, you will need to download the files and then execute them. They will ask for blank floppies and create a bootable disk. For the BIOS, you want to clear CMOS (Switch 5 on the system board dip pack)and then boot to the BIOS diskette. For the NetRAID firmware, you can just boot to the NetRAID firmware diskette. I would probably do the BIOS flash first, but it shouldn't really matter what order you do it in.

Mark
Mark Young_2
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Sorry I think I made a small erro in my last post. The NetRAID BIOS is flashed when you flash the NetRAID firmware. I apologize.

Mark