Netservers
1748185 Members
4615 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configuration Raid LH3000

VALERY JIMMY

Configuration Raid LH3000

Hello I have a server lh3000 hs ,but the discs hot-swap its ok, therefore I have second server lh3000 but I could not to configure raid 5 bus I do not know the old configuration raid of the server hs.
Can you give me information for find the good configuration raid.

I have to test all the possibiltes for the raid. My config: 3 discs 9.1 go Hotswap, Windows nt4

thank you for your help
3 REPLIES 3
e4services
Honored Contributor

It is unclear what your question is.
Configuration of RAID is done either by BIOS when asked, or through software the NetRAID Assistent
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

the configuration of the raid array is stored in the netraid controller, and also on every hdd part of the raid.

then, if your controller id dead, the configuration is still present on the each disk.

what you have to do, is to bring the three disk from the dead system and put them in the exact same place in the new system.

Rebooting the working system, you will have a error message, "Configuration Mismatch".

At that point, pers CTRL M to enter the configuration utility, then in Management menu > Configure >view-add-delete config > view "disk" configuration.

control that the infos are correct, (you can also view the NVRAM configuration that is what is recorded on the controller, but as it is a new system, this value have to be ignored, then when you exit this windows with esc, be sure to not save the config ) then exit and "save" this configuration.

Reboot the system and you will get again your data

marino
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor