108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Disks not Recognized in HP Netserver LPr

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ken Schreihofer

Disks not Recognized in HP Netserver LPr

Hi all,

As part of a volunteer project to build computing labs in my city, I've received a HP Netserver LPr, sans drives. Searching for parts online, I've found 18.2GB Ultra-2 SCSI drives that match those taken from the system (Drives are model D7175A). When the system boots up, the drives receive power (front status lights come on), but are not detected by the system. I boot into NetRAID Express tools and scan the channel, but the system does detect physical drives. Booting up through the Netserver Navigator CD has similar results. After extensive searching and attempts at modification, I am unable to get the system to recognize the drives in order to configure them through the NetRAID tools.

If anyone could advise me on this situation, I would be greatly appreciative! Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
e4services
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Disks not Recognized in HP Netserver LPr

So there is a NetRAID card in the system? Do you know the model? Are you sure the front 2 bays are connected to it and not the Embedded SCSI controller?

This is easy to verify during the POST of the unit. After the system check and memory count, you should see the Embedded SCSI BIOS load and search the channels (will display all devices when found, in your case 2 18GB drives I guess), then if there is a NetRAID card installed AND it is active, you should see it's BIOS load and search it's channels.

If all else fails, re-attach the drive bays cable to the Embedded SCSI connector on the IO Riser Board and remove the NetRAID card (if it exists) then use the drives through normal SCSI controller
Hot Swap Hard Drives
e4services
Honored Contributor

Not typical to have a NetRAID card in this unit for only 2 drives, but to controller external drives
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Ken Schreihofer

The card in the system is a NetRAID 1si. Yes, it would behave as you described.

I took your suggestion and used the embedded SCSI controller. Everything is working as it should now. Thank you for your help!