Netservers
1748094 Members
5915 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Download the HP NetServer Navigator CD Here (for models LC, LH, and LS)

SOLVED
Go to solution
K Martin
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, think I got it, used a different ftp client - seems like its going

Thanks
keerwen

I downloaded the navigator cd and for somereason i'm not booting off of it. i made a win98 boot disk to at least view the files on it and that's it. I have a an old netserver ls 5/133 that i'm trying to get up and running for test purposes. Anyone have an idea on this? thanks
NotAGuruYet
Advisor

Hi Everyone,

Despite my request to clients to use a FTP client programme and to supply a 'real' e-mail address many are ignoring it. You are wasting giga bytes of my bandwidth (and its not cheap in NZ). If this situation continues I will have no choice but to take the file of the server.
Stop making excuses, start making progress
K Martin
Occasional Advisor

I'm sorry, I guess I am ignorant. I am using a ftp client to download but I don't know how to give you my email address, if I put it in as user it won't let me connect. I had download run all night and only got one section downloaded - please contact me and I'll explain what I'm trying, I really have tried hard to do as you have asked - my email is koral@digspeak.com
K Martin
Occasional Advisor

I am bummed - I have spent the last 24 hours researching this and trying to downloaded (since about 5 last night)- and by your request using ftp and giving you my email address and in the middle of the 3rd section you zap me and take it off your server. I have not heard from you by email even though you requested my email address - help - I really need this - I have a server I need to get up today if at all possible - I've done what your requested. I was so appreciate that you had this and now this.......... Please help!! Please notyetaguru......
NotAGuruYet
Advisor

Sorry folks but the file is off the server as of now. The last straw was some clown making multiple downloads. In fairness to the people on this forum it may not be any of you, just some casual passerby so to speak. I intend to set up a user account to control access to the file and if you need it you will have to e-mail me for the account details.
I do not offer lessons on how to use your ftp client or indeed the ftp protocol, there are plenty of resources on the 'net already.
I will post again when the account is set up.
NotAGuruYet
Advisor

In response to K Martin. You do not need the CD to get your server running, all the tools and files you require are available FOC from HP on this very website
K Martin
Occasional Advisor

NotYetAGuru, Well, I know I should but what is happening is I put 2 harddrives out of another net server (different type) into this server and as it starts loading the os it restarts. I had this happen before way back and I think once I got the navigator software I was able to fix that but I could be remembering wrong. Will keep plugging and researching.
thanks. Have a mail server about to crash and burn from overload due to spam and spam blocker and too many clients using it to let that happen so trying to get the lp1000 up....
k
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Keerwen,

I'm afraid the Navigator CD for the Netserver LS has not been posted. For that, you would need version S.02.05. I will see if I can track one down for you; then you will need to contact NotAGuruYet for access.

HTH,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Bomato

Hello! Today I have found by chance this forum. Since I am a navigation CD in search of a net server HP, because in my server a Remote Card is inserted, however, I do not know the password which was put! Could I get then from you an access to your FTP server? Thank you