1752298 Members
4650 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Dual CPU on E800

Szymanski

Dual CPU on E800

Hello,
we work actually on Netserver E800 with 2 CPU Intel P3-1Ghz under SBS2003 but system see only one CPU under taskmanager and peripheral manager.
Bios was update with last rev. on HP website, drivers of multiprocessor SMP or ACPI was trying.
Can someone help us?
thanx
4 REPLIES 4
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: Dual CPU on E800

Was this a new install on the 2 CPUs or did you add the CPU after the OS install?
I would look to MS for the answer, probably some 'issue' with SBS, which always has 'issues'
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Szymanski

Hi,
no, this a new installation of SBS2003 - SBS Premium - there a difference between SMP management and ACPI management, when I open peripheral management if I choose SMP architecture, I can See in peripheral management two SMP komputer but only one CPU under task management, and if I choose ACPI Computer, I can see only one CPU in task manager and in peripheral mangement.
I made test under Windows XP Pro SP2 and have same trouble.
We have some dual CPU computer in our help desk (I.E. ASUS CUV4X-D) and we have no problem, I think I miss a driver oder there a trouble with motherboard with one or range of switch but I don"t see anything.
(sorry for bad english).
thanx a lot.
e4services
Honored Contributor

The Computer Manager of Windows, under Computer, SHould show ACPI Multiprocessor PC. If not then WIndows did not detect 2, which could be that one is not function or has failed.
Try each CPU/VRM combo indivually in the E800 to see if they are working alone.
Also check MS for problem resolution
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Szymanski

hi,
i'm not at office for few day, i'll make test when i'll be back, but when E800 is booting, while POST we can see that BIOS detect 2 CPUs and there's no trouble who is notify while POST.
It seems that it notify " 2 CPUS system detected" or something equals.

I'll make test after hollydays!!! :-)