Netservers

E60 Netserver with XPPro - how to use original T20i tape drive

Sylvia Dulaney_2
Occasional Contributor

E60 Netserver with XPPro - how to use original T20i tape drive

When we upgraded to SBS2003, I reformatted the old HP Netserver E60 with internal T20 tape drive, and installed XP Pro. Now I want to use that tape drive for backups. I see the tape drive in the Device Manager (Bus0, Target ID4, LUN 0), but when I use MS Backup, the only device option I have is to disk. I don't see the tape drive. Do I need third-party software? I expected this to be native to XP. Thanks for advice.
Twas Brillig
1 REPLY 1
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Re: E60 Netserver with XPPro - how to use original T20i tape drive

The T20i/e include(s): HP Colorado Backup II software, that supports Microsoft (R) Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0, and STAC software (without Disaster Recovery) which supports Novell NetWare 3.12, and 4.11, Microsoft Windows NT server 3.51 and 4.0.

The T20xi / T20xe include(s): STAC software (with Disaster Recovery) which supports Novell NetWare 3.12 and 4.11, Microsoft Windows NT server 3.51 and 4.0

The problem is that the T20 was discontinued before the newer operating systems (like XP) were released. So the Backup software which is known to work with the T20 will probably not work with XP.